Open Letter............

ditchdoc

Re: Open Letter............

Post by ditchdoc » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:04 am

I will give you that Dick has a right to his opinion. But, I think in Dick's case it's more CYA. As to the definition of torture, waterboarding has been around since the middle ages. It has been specifically proscribed by many governments as torture over the centuries--including our own.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

pocket water

Post by pocket water » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:54 am

High five because you will regulate tobacco. You have the balls to change the only product put into the human body that previously had no regulation on additives......potentially saving lives of those who smoke or would smoke in the future, reducing health care costs and the use of medicine Procter and gamble produce to combat cancer, addiction, heart disease, etc. Obama how come this was never regulated before? BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT DID NOT GIVE A FUCK :coffee

upstanding

Post by upstanding » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:54 pm

LTD:

Why should he? You're just a 'publican shill camoed in an independent's vestments albeit one who lingers in Key West turning basin and wonders why I can't catch Tarpon on gurglers at high noon in June

LTD

Post by LTD » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:16 am

Up...I am very much a "publican", but I don't wear the independent robe. Is there a space between the two? Personally I like fishing gurglers in the morning. :razz:
You lost me with the "why should he". Please explain.......
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

upstanding

Post by upstanding » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:29 am

L:

Should have said he's the fear mongering soap salesman ...bad typing my part...but glad to see you've joined one of our great political parties. Lou is a retired soap salesman now "motivational" speaker for the christian right at 10-20 thou. Apparently his bookings were off so he generated the letter to NYT which for obvious reasons did not publish it and now he runs the no-pub up the flag pole of Fox news clones and similar fear and hate mongering right wing ideologues. The letter is pure, early Rush's writer's content.
His only real accomplishment was he put P&G(a vendor in Wally talk) in top tier distribution with Wally in 1987 and then "retired" in 1989 from P&G. His web site has the following definition of his glittering generality "Partnering"

"Partnering, where vendor and
retailer working together,
create, anticipate and
deliver product, concepts,
and solutions far beyond
consumer expectations."
Lou Pritchett

Just because he was the "Music Man" of soap flakes in 1987, and now in 2009 a political thinker I think not...his military service comment is drivel...what presidents or what senators have we had who actually stood in harms way. Rough and Ready Ronnie Popular where did he stand in harms way. Just because some were in the national guard or reserves or regulars state side does not a war hero make. Unlike now where being in the national guard can put you in harms way but back in my day the Guard was your ticket out of the draft and the swamp.

Ricky Bobby

Post by Ricky Bobby » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:44 am

ditchdoc wrote: If he thinks water-boarding is not torture, let me do it to him.
Not that I am one for political chats, but I am always interested in what people have to say about it.

Talk to any modern US Armed Forces aviators... They have all been through water boarding...
US Marine Aviators have been water boarded since the 1980's ( I think Marines enjoy it though )
Its not like we hooked electricity up to their testicles ( yes, that happened in Kosovo to OUR GUYS)
Its not like we were shoving bamboo under their finger nails (yes that happened to OUR GUYS Vietnam )
Its not like we worked them to death ( Yes that happened to Our Guys USSR via Korea)

The whole thing about "torture" blows my mind... You stripe them naked... Boo Hoo... You make them wear ladies underwear... Boo Hoo... You bring in attack dogs that never bite anytone.. Boo Hoo...

I dont know weather methods of "torture" really work as far as gaining credible information.... But what I do know is that the United States and the UK have been some of the most civilized nations when it comes to the care and treatment of POW, enemy combatants or whatever you would like to call them. Look at Pakistan, Iran, Venezuela, Chile, Nicaragua, Panama, Honduras, El Salvador, Somalia....
Now those guys... They know how to torture, and they have no problems with it.

Keeping things in prospective regardless if you agree or disagree with "torture" what the US does, is a smack on the wrist compared to what most of the world does.

Carry On :coffee

Sorry For The Interruption....
Well, I''m the best there is. Plain and simple, when I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 am

Cap & Tax passed much like the latest "stimulus" bill; without being read or debated.

It may take decades to unwind the debacle; if ever.

Obama is a masterful politician.
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

Plow

Post by Plow » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 am

The Volfish wrote:Obama is a masterful politician.
It’s easy when your party is in total control; the press is your lap-dog and most people think they will gain more than they will lose. We’re seeing what the libs are really made of.
Better Reds than dead...