DID ANYONE NOTICE

gadflyfisher

DID ANYONE NOTICE

Post by gadflyfisher » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 am

That the woman who made the 911 call denies the accuracy of the police report.

Plow

Re: DID ANYONE NOTICE

Post by Plow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 am

And...
Better Reds than dead...

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:03 am

I guess nothing. I thought it might be considered wrong to file a false report,but since you're not concerned I guess police can write whatever makes their case best regardless of the truth.

LTD

Post by LTD » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:26 am

Your right...it is a big deal and its now getting some solid coverage. Maybe the officer could reconsider his written words, go on national tv, and attempt to smooth things over with a BS apology, and all will be forgiven.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

mark

Post by mark » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:26 am

There's no way to prove what was or was not said if there is no physical evidence. Word v. Word. Unfortunately false reports/accusations happen often. :vomit When you're on the other end, it's on you to PROVE the accusation wrong. Almost like GUILTY until proven innocent... I speak from experience.
It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves. -Andre Gide

Plow

Post by Plow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:37 am

gadflyfisher wrote:I guess nothing. I thought it might be considered wrong to file a false report,but since you're not concerned I guess police can write whatever makes their case best regardless of the truth.
I'm not finding anything about a false report. Got a link?
Better Reds than dead...

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02 am

Try turning on any national news network, except maybe FOX, and watch for a news cycle.

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:05 am

LTD wrote:Your right...it is a big deal and its now getting some solid coverage. Maybe the officer could reconsider his written words, go on national tv, and attempt to smooth things over with a BS apology, and all will be forgiven.

Except I think when a policeman files a report it is supposed the be what really happened.
He was there and he signed his name to the report which could later be used in court.

LTD

Post by LTD » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:06 am

Plow wrote:
gadflyfisher wrote:I guess nothing. I thought it might be considered wrong to file a false report,but since you're not concerned I guess police can write whatever makes their case best regardless of the truth.
I'm not finding anything about a false report. Got a link?
Fox news and CNN covered it yesterday. You might be able to find something there. Something along the lines of the officer claiming on the report that he was told there were two black men....Yada, yada, yada. No excuse for an inaccurate
police report, but lets not lose sight of the unacceptable actions of the others that participated. BO's supporters will ultimately attempt to exploit this issue in an effort to take attention away from the actions of the professor and the POTUS.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Plow

Post by Plow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 am

Found the AP story on MSNBC – shows you what kind of weight it carries.
From the story -
She does not mention the race of the men until pressed by a dispatcher to describe them.
"Um, well, there were two larger men," Whalen says. "One looked kind of Hispanic, but I'm not really sure. And the other one entered and I didn't see what he looked like at all. I just saw it from a distance and this older woman was worried, thinking, 'Someone's been breaking in someone's house. They've been barging in.'"
I got to go on record as saying I think it’s OK to mention race of suspicious folks when reporting something to the police. I don’t see any racism there and don’t understand all the fuss.

What was Crowley told in his call to respond? Was he told “black”, “possibly Hispanic” or nothing on race? That would be good to know.

On the surface there doesn’t seem to be any reason for Crowley to report “black” in his report (that we know of). My best guess is he made a mistake especially since several black officers have come to his defense including one who was there. He seems like a stand up guy and if there was any reason to think otherwise he already be demonized by the left and not on his way for a beer.

Bottom line is Gates acted the fool (aka acted stupidly) and got his ass hauled off to jail. Happens every day to dumb-asses of all colors all over this country.

Time for the left to fess up - they got racist and fools in their bunch too.
Last edited by Plow on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better Reds than dead...