Where is the Afghan war?

blumpkin

Where is the Afghan war?

Post by blumpkin » Mon May 10, 2010 11:10 am

I mean seriously where did it go? I work swing shift, we watch the mainstream media evening news during our lunch break. We are keeping track of how little coverage the Afghan War is getting, and it is amazing... Lot of kids putting their lives on the line out there... Lot of Moms and Dads worried about there kids out there... And not so much as a word about it...
:bullshit
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

SLSS

Re: Where is the Afghan war?

Post by SLSS » Mon May 10, 2010 12:09 pm

I agree. I don't catch the news often, but the things/sources I do hear and read, you'd barely know we are at war at all.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 am

it is not good for Obama politically so his minions in the press neglect to show you what you need to see.

did you really not know the answer to your question?
III

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue May 11, 2010 8:44 am

m.b. wrote:it is not good for Obama politically so his minions in the press neglect to show you what you need to see.

did you really not know the answer to your question?
Dood, I know you're quite dedicated to the "better than the libs" cause, but you're really kinda goin' crazy with the "its Obama's fault" deal.

The bulimic media has been preoccupied with the BP Geyser, flooding in TN, Goldman Sach's senate testimonies, Rekers, and the UK election. That doesn't mean that Af/Pak isn't important, they're just distracted with lots of new stuff.

Seeing your friends going through this on deployment day keeps it top of mind-
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Tue May 11, 2010 8:53 am

that, and covering it's not very convenient politically.

and it's not obama's fault, it's the media's fault. pay attention.
III

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Tue May 11, 2010 10:41 am

No, I did not need the answer... It just makes my blood boil, and needed to vent... Last night they did not even mention that Karzai is in D.C. It just seems that, the good folks at the major networks really, really, do not want us troubling ourselves with what is going on in Afghanistan. They have not covered the war ONCE in well over a month, maybe longer, you guys like facts so I will start keeping track. Nothing since well before, the spill or the floods... I know that for sure.
Travis.

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Tue May 11, 2010 1:37 pm

blumpkin wrote:It just makes my blood boil, and needed to vent...
you're not the only one, brother.
III

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri May 14, 2010 11:23 am

I saw a big peice on the karzai visit on the lehrer news hour two nights ago, including coverage of the joint press conference and an extensive panel discussion with kalilizad and some other dude about what is going on over there both politically and militarily. It was very informative.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Fri May 14, 2010 1:20 pm

I appreciate you guys entertaining my rant... Been thinking about that pic all week Cliff. :cool
Travis.

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm

blumpkin wrote:I appreciate you guys entertaining my rant... Been thinking about that pic all week Cliff. :cool
Not quite Pulitzer stuff, but I think it communicates alot, and even more when its a guy you grew up with.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Tue May 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Well it looks like we are betting it all ... http://abcnews.go.com/International/Afg ... d=10729732
Since arriving in Afghanistan one year ago, Gen. Stanley McChrystal and his staff have had their eye on one prize above all others: the southern province of Kandahar , the ancient fault line between civilizations where the Soviet Union lost its final battles, the Afghan Taliban was born, and where the group first reemerged after the U.S. invasion.

Over the next few months the U.S. presence in Kandahar will crescendo into Operation Hamkari Baraye Kandahar -- "Cooperation for Kandahar" -- an attempt to protect residents from insurgents and provide them with a functioning government. It will feature tens of thousands of American troops and hundreds of civilians, the single largest operation since the war began.

My opinion... if the Soviets couldn't get it done( with 100% country, media, civilian backing and no worry about collateral damage) then we don't stand a chance. I hope I am so far from the truth and none of our service members are put in harms way unnecessarily.
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Tue May 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Amen.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.