By eponymous
When something good happens in Afghanistan (where my brother in law is stationed right now - right on the border of Pakistan - hooah Mike) we will hear about it in spades. The same way we heard about bad things everyday when GWB was in office.

As time is going by I'm falling of the "give the man a chance" bandwagon. And he really needs to muzzle Biden. Did you hear the crap he spewed in Brussels about it being the capital of the free world and not Washington, DC. (Id say NYC) Holy crap the cow towing is just over the top. Why doesn't he just come out and say America sucks and everywhere else is awesome. All this bumsmooching is really making me sick and causes me to wonder if this group actually does hate America as has been charged by all the crazies on the right wing radio.

hayzues I'm starting to sound like my man MB.
By m.b.
STFU....it's taken you this long to get off the "give him a chance" bandwagon?

agreed, biden only makes a bad situation worse.
By eponymous
don't tell anybody but between me and you I fell off when he used part of his inaguration to smash Bush who was standing 10 feet away from him. what he said may have had a measure of truth but it was in poor form and remarkably unpresidential for the man's first act as president. but bygones.
By blumpkin
Some very good and very bad things have happened in our military effort in Afghanistan while Obama has been in office, but the major networks do not report it. They want the general public to forget about the war... Giving Obama a little breathing room so he can concentrate on ram rodding his liberal agenda down our collective throats. Do you honestly think that we should be distracting the Pentagon with the whole repealing "dont ask dont tell" at this critical moment... They should be concentrating on 1. MISSION ACCOMPLISHMENT and 2. TROOP WELFARE... by welfare I mean getting their gay or straight asses home in one piece.

Bagram Air Base was attacked while our elected officials debated "dont ask dont tell"
5 U.S. Soldiers died in one day in Afghanistan while Sect. of Defense Gates had to deal with "dont ask dont tell"
:bullshit

Eric Holder kicked me off the "give the guy a chance" band wagon.
By BigCliff
blumpkin wrote:Do you honestly think that we should be distracting the Pentagon with the whole repealing "dont ask dont tell" at this critical moment... They should be concentrating on 1. MISSION ACCOMPLISHMENT and 2. TROOP WELFARE... by welfare I mean getting their gay or straight asses home in one piece.

Bagram Air Base was attacked while our elected officials debated "dont ask dont tell"
5 U.S. Soldiers died in one day in Afghanistan while Sect. of Defense Gates had to deal with "dont ask dont tell"
:bullshit

Eric Holder kicked me off the "give the guy a chance" band wagon.
It wouldn't be an issue if the war had been taken care of in the first 9 years of "critical moments".
By blumpkin
Well they got what they wanted... as usual... And as a reward the oh so ghey media did a good piece tonight on Marines winning hearts and minds. Hope and pray they all come soon ghey or str8 they are all putting their lives on the line over there... nuff said.
:cool
By flybug.pa.
the Marines WILL take the city, however bad politics as usual has precded the next offensive, by making it known that we are bringing in X thousand more troops for this thing, announcing when the offensive will begin, which allowed the tailiban more time to dig in.Oh, do we have CLEARANCE to shoot these guys? Hopefully most citizens will have relocated given all the "hey mother fuckers we're coming in June" political preparation.everyone who was gonna leave should have by now.leaving only combatants That way there are more targets in the street. If i am correct, the Russians, wanted the whole country, and battled the entire country and all its tribes, for access to that side of the world. However i do like their style, kill everything including the cockroaches and fuck the media. :coffee
By Rusty Hook
He forgot who the boss is. That is never a good idea.
By Upsetter
The Volfish wrote:He's got a point.
Yeah, but it kinda sounds like he woulda had the same attitude no matter whose in charge. Has something of a problem with authority apparently.
The general's staff is a handpicked collection of killers, spies, geniuses, patriots, political operators and outright maniacs. There's a former head of British Special Forces, two Navy Seals, an Afghan Special Forces commando, a lawyer, two fighter pilots and at least two dozen combat veterans and counterinsurgency experts. They jokingly refer to themselves as Team America, taking the name from the South Park-esque sendup of military cluelessness, and they pride themselves on their can-do attitude and their disdain for authority.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37847841/ns ... ry/page/2/

I think he is a good military commander, but should have followed his boss's advice the first time around...
Last fall, during the question-and-answer session following a speech he gave in London, McChrystal dismissed the counterterrorism strategy being advocated by Vice President Joe Biden as "shortsighted," saying it would lead to a state of "Chaos-istan." The remarks earned him a smackdown from the president himself, who summoned the general to a terse private meeting aboard Air Force One. The message to McChrystal seemed clear: Shut the fuck up, and keep a lower profile.
By The Volfish
With a cadre like that, let the dawgs out...

Zero could claim victory and everyone would be happy.
By SOBF
Pretty sure he knew what would be the result of his and his aides comments. Not saying he was inaccurate but he needs to go.
WTF, Hieronymus

Right on. Tell these losers what is up, braddah. F[…]

A Confession

The forecast called for rain, and it's a two mile […]

April 20th. that'll do

Anyways, I heard back from yard and he gave m[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine