By Wholetmygoatsout
#579606
And you wonder why the media coverage might be a little lacking ......


ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.
CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.
ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.
ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary.
ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood.
CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
User avatar
By VTNZ
#579610
Or the fact that NBC is owned by part of the Military Industrial Complex...

....the problem with the comparison to Vietnam is that was the only war we were fighting at the time.

Nowadays, we've had two run concurrently, and one party strongly pushing for another war...or two...Syria, Iran, going back in to Iraq...

...the MIC learned from Nam, and thats why reporters get the "embedded" treatment...where they are shown only what is safe to be shown and depicted. Rather and Cronkite never had to play by those rules in Vietnam....and they reported what they saw....and the MIC and it's political lackies said "fuck, we're going to control the message next time...fuck freedom of the press..."

So, in turn, while the media is certainly complicit and thats pathetic...the large reason you hear nothing is that the MIC does not want those as talking points...they're currently much busier feeding soundbytes to the paranoid masses (like Dick Perry claiming ISIS members are crossing the border...). Otherwise, why would NBC constantly give McCain and Graham a constant platform and lob softballs at them? Chuck Todd can eat a bag of dicks...

Check the Lehrer Report on PBS....they used to always do announcements of troops kia; I'm not sure if they still do, but it would prove my point nicely as they are not beholden to MIC to such a degree...

All that said, protest like we saw in the 60's begins with the individual...if it matters enough, you make the time and effort. On one hand, it's tougher than ever to mobilize the masses with all the distractions and "truthiness"; on the other hand, with social media and assbook,etc...it's never been easier.
User avatar
By blumpkin
#579631
Wholetmygoatsout wrote:And you wonder why the media coverage might be a little lacking ......


ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.
CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.
ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.
ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary.
ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood.
CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
Holy Fucking Shit.
User avatar
By BaggerMcGuirk
#579633
Which part? GE?

Go here for your counts...... http://icasualties.org/
User avatar
By blumpkin
#579634
I very much like your take on it also VTNZ.

Since I spent most of my time "in the rear with the gear" (wow that sounds Ghey)
I was confronted by the arrogance and lawlessness of the MIC from start to finish during my time at Bagram.
User avatar
By blumpkin
#579635
Working like a Dog, fighting a cold in the KY heat Greg.

Sorry I have not been able to call brother.

Still desperately need some advice from ya so the call is coming.
User avatar
By Upsetter
#579636
Its been gorgeous up here Blump. I just started dating a girl with a sweet spread in big arm. Big house, dock, boat, the whole 9yds. I should be up there the end of the month if you make it back by then. Hang in there bud. :cool
User avatar
By Redchaser
#579640
Upsetter wrote:Its been gorgeous up here Blump. I just started dating a girl with a sweet spread in big arm. Big house, dock, boat, the whole 9yds. I should be up there the end of the month if you make it back by then. Hang in there bud. :cool
Marry her now, then invite your internet friends.
User avatar
By flybug.pa.
#579679
what mfgr. of boat, it matters.
User avatar
By jhnnythndr
#579680
blumpkin wrote:I very much like your take on it also VTNZ.

Since I spent most of my time "in the rear with the gear" (wow that sounds Ghey)
I was confronted by the arrogance and lawlessness of the MIC from start to finish during my time at Bagram.
Bagram is absolutely bizarro world. I was but a PFC when I learned the power of sterile dcus or bdu's and scruffy hair. I met general mcchyrstal while we were prepping for a mission tha was intense enough for the jsoc brass to be going around to chat up joe. A couple months later just after Christmas he came over right after we had come back from another really long raw dog of a deal- and after he got done serving out chow came over and bullshitting with me and a few buddies while our team leaders scowled at us. He was laughing talking about the valley we had cleared- he said "now tell the truth- did y'all burn that house down for spite?" Our platoon rto had gone ass over teakettle in a cold ass beautiful steep trout stream all plunge pools and steep short rapids. And gotten hypothermic so we had occupied a house bill a fire and got him medevac. And the house burned down when the fucking Blackhawk fanned it all into an inferno. It was cra cra. Fucking Hillary Clinton came and was denies access of course into our compound. You know where im talking about- the fence off area there adjacent to "the dragon palace" and the og chow hall. In 09-10 when I was back through there they had crammed in those huge circus tents right there also. I know you did karaoke at the dragon palace after 39 odouls billy.
User avatar
By flybug.pa.
#579701
thats alot. we only had people in sunglasses , sat. phones and unmarked lear jets. every week
  • 1
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
help me out?

Sent money - I don't want anything in return shoul[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Lando - am I still sending the ones for Dibs […]

Report: Heero is a great big failure

Did Dibbs get a hold of you? No. Joe stopped[…]

Cheech’s Grumpy Frumpy II https://li[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine