User avatar
By LTD
#325686
upstanding wrote:What about the Chinese and the mineral extraction...we pull out... turn the Country over to the Chinese to strip the mountains to plains, no sanctuary then, for copper et al and given their safety records in mineral extraction they will kill a substantial number of Afgans in the process and acceptable collateral damage. With new found wealth for the Afgans, we can agent orange the poppies ...no money no semtex.

Both US but more so International commentary about Afgan mineral deposits( and who is going to mine it) has raised its profile within the last 30 days...

Yes it has!
User avatar
By Plow
#325699
President Obama afterwards told senior staff, “This was not a good thing, but it had to be done. But if I catch any of you crowing about it I will come down on you like a ton of bricks.”
Link

Says a lot about the maturity and quality of Obama’s senior staff that he had to say that. Can't believe this was ignored.
User avatar
By BigCliff
#325707
Plow wrote:
President Obama afterwards told senior staff, “This was not a good thing, but it had to be done. But if I catch any of you crowing about it I will come down on you like a ton of bricks.”
Link

Says a lot about the maturity and quality of Obama’s senior staff that he had to say that. Can't believe this was ignored.
Or it shows that he learned from McChrystal's mistake.

Also quite possible that he wanted that exact line heard by the military. To my ear it communicates that he wishes it all hadn't happened, but everybody's responsible for their f'k ups.
User avatar
By BigCliff
#325709
m.b. wrote:funny how back then the left called him Gen. Betrayus, but now that obama's in he's the man. ironic.
moveon.org is not "the left" http://weaselzippers.us/2010/06/23/move ... m-website/ any more than The John Birch Society is "the right".

But you might be pleased to know that this latest foolishness prompted my name to drop off their list. (though getting emails was all it ever amounted to anyway.)
User avatar
By Plow
#325731
BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:
President Obama afterwards told senior staff, “This was not a good thing, but it had to be done. But if I catch any of you crowing about it I will come down on you like a ton of bricks.”
Link
Says a lot about the maturity and quality of Obama’s senior staff that he had to say that. Can't believe this was ignored.
Or it shows that he learned from McChrystal's mistake.
Please tell me what Obama learned and if it should be assumed every President elected should already know that.
Also quite possible that he wanted that exact line heard by the military. To my ear it communicates that he wishes it all hadn't happened, but everybody's responsible for their f'k ups.
President Obama afterwards told senior staff, “This was not a good thing, but it had to be done.
No problem with that.
But if I catch any of you crowing about it I will come down on you like a ton of bricks.”
This confirms to the military that there’s so much anti-military sediment sentiments in Obama’s staff that they have to be told not to crow about getting one of the enemy.

That's the bad part
User avatar
By m.b.
#325732
BigCliff wrote:...any more than The John Birch Society is "the right".
then why do you so often make references to it?


i'd never heard of this "society" until you mentioned it here...
User avatar
By m.b.
#325762
[quote="ditchdoc"][quote="m.b."][quote="ditchdoc"]but I think Obama is the kind of man who will listen and [i]then[/i] make a decision. He has not shown that he is above reason.[/quote]

the moratorium...[/quote]


You do know what moratorium means, right? Sounds more reasonable, at this point, than "drill baby drill."[/quote]




surprise, surprise, surprise...








but yeah, obama knows more than the experts who advise him...



i love how they (obama and salazar) slipped that little part in there after the experts were consulted and saw it.









sorry, gotta disagree...losing an est. 84,000 jobs because of this moratorium does not sound "reasonable."
User avatar
By ditchdoc
#325771
Sooner or later those jobs are going to go away anyway. Maybe some folks, like the younger ones should try learning some different skills--broaden their employability. I was a firefighter for thirty years and I always worked two jobs. Done everything in the building trades. Never without work because I wasn't limited to one thing. You got to plan ahead. The oil will run out.
User avatar
By BigCliff
#325777
m.b. wrote:
BigCliff wrote:...any more than The John Birch Society is "the right".
then why do you so often make references to it?


i'd never heard of this "society" until you mentioned it here...
Both sides have fringes that don't represent the whole.

Your ignorance of your ideological brethren ain't my fault. Shall I throw in some "Eagle Forum" references for good measure?
User avatar
By Plow
#325778
ditchdoc wrote:Sooner or later those jobs are going to go away anyway. Maybe some folks, like the younger ones should try learning some different skills--broaden their employability. I was a firefighter for thirty years and I always worked two jobs. Done everything in the building trades. Never without work because I wasn't limited to one thing. You got to plan ahead. The oil will run out.
If that's not the stupidest thing ever typed then I just don't know what is.
User avatar
By LTD
#325780
ditchdoc wrote:Sooner or later those jobs are going to go away anyway. Maybe some folks, like the younger ones should try learning some different skills--broaden their employability. I was a firefighter for thirty years and I always worked two jobs. Done everything in the building trades. Never without work because I wasn't limited to one thing. You got to plan ahead. The oil will run out.
Ha......did you say that with a smile on your face? Lets just encourage the auto makers to quit making cars because they will not be needed one day. Guess we should also encourage anyone interested ANY business's that currently depend on petroleum products to to make their product to learn something else too!
Do you hear what you are saying? What about those who currently work in the oil industry supporting all the children within there families? You fucking cold hearted liberals are amazing. :coffee What do you do for a living ditch? Your kids...if you have any?

One of the most unthoughtful/stupid comments ever to come out of your mouth ditch.
User avatar
By flybug.pa.
#325796
Ditchdoc ain't lyin. There more than one of you fuckers out there that can't put air in a tire, much less change one :coffee
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 40

Earth has exceeded its load limit. Let the dumb d[…]

your wife does Yes... She told me about your […]

Luau 2020

Wish I could, but nay, I cannae. Hopefully next y[…]

All Time Great Signs

"IT'S ALL PIPES!!"

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine