Cliven Bundy

B.M. Barrelcooker

Re: Cliven Bundy

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:17 am

Maybe they should have sent Sharpton down there.

Now that would have been a hoot.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

jdub

Post by jdub » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:30 am

SOBF wrote:I kind of have mixed emotions on this. On one hand the cheap fuck should have paid his fees. On the other why do the feds own so much land to begin with.
Who owns the west...YOU own the west. And you should come out an enjoy it. What a change it was to move from Mass where heading up to Maine and VT and NH, etc. was a constant dodge of private land, and then to live in Zion where you can camp, climb, hike, fish on miles and miles of PUBLIC lands.
Screen shot 2014-04-13 at 9.24.57 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-04-13 at 9.24.57 AM.png (432.89 KiB) Viewed 526 times
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

Jed

Post by Jed » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:36 am

Not a fan of Bundy but those federal first amendment jails are bullshit. I've seen them used against both sides of the political spectrum and it is anything but supporting the first amendment. The first amendment is freedom of speech, not freedom of speech where nobody can hear or see you.

Slap Bundy in jail and fuck that freeloader and dope slap the goberment for suppressing the right of protest.

jed

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:47 am

SOBF wrote:I kind of have mixed emotions on this. On one hand the cheap fuck should have paid his fees. On the other why do the feds own so much land to begin with.
He's a raging scumbag. The people of the USA own a lot of land.

Just how does federal inaction in the face of an armed insurrection affect; people who use public lands, ranchers who graze as well as possible and pay their fees in the desert west, federal control of public lands, listed endangered species?

It's amazing they returned his cattle. Wtf!

I wish they could have stopped this dog damned sagebrush rebellion/wise use/freeloading ranchers shit once and for all.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Who owns the west...YOU own the west. And you should come out an enjoy it. What a change it was to move from Mass where heading up to Maine and VT and NH, etc. was a constant dodge of private land, and then to live in Zion where you can camp, climb, hike, fish on miles and miles of PUBLIC lands.
I have been on BLM managed land many times as well as private land owners who allow it. One of the areas I love to fish in WA is mostly on private land. The landowner has allowed us to camp and fish many times. They own about 40,000 acres. I'll throw this out. Is private land ownership good for us or bad ?

Never had much problem with access here in Maine Jdub. Lots of National Forest land in NH as well. Is it the west. NO Maine is some much smaller than most (all) states out west it's hard to compare. We are the most heavily forested if I recall. We just have no fish.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:02 pm

If the BLM sold all of its land in Montana, I would have almost nowhere to hunt birds. And we would lose a lot of our fishing access sites. It would be bad.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Cary

Post by Cary » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:20 pm

SOBF wrote:
I'll throw this out. Is private land ownership good for us or bad ?
the correct answer both. Clearly private land ownership is a cornerstone of our society, an absolute necessity. As well, the vast public lands we have to enjoy sets us apart from the most of the rest of the world. its funny, a lot of folks point to the maps being circulated that show huge public holdings west of the plains. the corollary is that I bet most of the citizens east of the plains wish they came into statehood later and had more public land to enjoy.

Secondly, it seems that a lot on the fringe right think that if the BLM and USFS lands wen private, they'd somehow be given a piece, like it was the homestead act all over again... :roll:

the fact is that public land and private landowners are continuously trading acreage in and out of ownership, trades that often optimize the use of the lands. I've been involved in a few of these, where occluded mature timber sections were traded for prime riverfront parcels (anyone fish the McLoud River?). Absent the USFS, BLM, and NPS, what would prevent the Tragedy of the Commons? Giving in to bundy and his clan sets a harmful precedent. I'm glad no one was hurt and no martyrs were created, but sick to my stomach this welfare leech got away with it. :vomit
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Instead of giving back the cattle they should have allow outfitters to sell hunts on them.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:27 pm

I think they had to de-escalate things. Seemed like it was getting pretty crazy.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:07 am

Agreed Lima.
That is why they put those "rights areas" there but that was terrible PR.

Same goes with pulling back, but it looks more like a defeat thru the lens of the media to the masses
Once again it shows weakness (although I believe you should pick what is worth a fight).

And while I am sure they felt that any escalation could lead to bloodshed so eased tensions, in effect they were defeated.
It is this presidency's worst trait and one that I agree with the far right on.

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 am

OK please educate me.
What exactly are you talking about with this connection of Obama, Holder and Sharpton.
Other than they are all trying to use each other as pols always do?
Do you know of a conspiracy that is taking place?

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 am

Wrong thread, but there is no conspiracy. Everything Holder and Obama
have done to polish up Sharptons image so they can use him like they did last week has been completely in the open. In fact Obama and Holder are both friends with Al.

You can the culmination of that relationship in the events last week at the National Action Now yearly conference.

Spoiler alert: they blamed whitey for everything.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.