Cliven Bundy

blumpkin

Re: Cliven Bundy

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:18 am

And everything the mainstream media did to attack Sharpton last week,
was because of Holder using Draconian tactics to terrorize the media during the Edward Snowden fiasco.

It is quite simple really, I just find it interesting.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

jdub

Post by jdub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 am

blumpkin wrote: Spoiler alert: they blamed whitey for everything.
Speaking of whitey...
Screen shot 2014-04-14 at 8.44.08 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-04-14 at 8.44.08 AM.png (54.67 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Here's one..
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... ked-to-kkk
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:19 am

Yep...
Travis.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Spudnik wrote:If the BLM sold all of its land in Montana, I would have almost nowhere to hunt birds. And we would lose a lot of our fishing access sites. It would be bad.
Same down here, and everywhere I've ever lived (mostly NM and ID).

No matter what anyone says, it's a hell of a lot easier to get on public land versus private.

I've always liked that bumper sticker that says "You are on Indian Land"
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Well in Nevada, I promise you, a lot of BLM land is going to be basically given to Chinese interests.

It is all in the plan Stan.
Travis.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 pm

[report]Image[/report]
Travis.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:44 pm

[report]Obama Administration Approves Roadmap for Utility-Scale Solar Energy Development on Public Lands

WASHINGTON, D.C. - As part of President Obama’s all-of-the-above energy strategy to expand domestic energy production, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar today finalized a program for spurring development of solar energy on public lands in six western states. The Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) for solar energy development provides a blueprint for utility-scale solar energy permitting in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah by establishing solar energy zones with access to existing or planned transmission, incentives for development within those zones, and a process through which to consider additional zones and solar projects.

Today’s action builds on the Administration’s historic progress to facilitate renewable energy development. On Tuesday, with the authorization of the Chokecherry and Sierra Madre Wind Energy Project site in Wyoming, Interior reached the President’s goal of authorizing 10,000 megawatts of renewable power on public lands. Since 2009, Interior has authorized 33 renewable energy projects, including 18 utility-scale solar facilities, 7 wind farms and 8 geothermal plants, with associated transmission corridors and infrastructure. When built, these projects will provide enough electricity to power more than 3.5 million homes, and support 13,000 construction and operations jobs according to project developer estimates.

“Energy from sources like wind and solar have doubled since the President took office, and with today’s milestone, we are laying a sustainable foundation to keep expanding our nation’s domestic energy resources,” said Secretary Salazar, who signed today’s Record of Decision at an event in Las Vegas, Nevada with Senator Harry Reid. “This historic initiative provides a roadmap for landscape-level planning that will lead to faster, smarter utility-scale solar development on public lands and reflects President Obama’s commitment to grow American made energy and create jobs.”

The Solar PEIS establishes an initial set of 17 Solar Energy Zones (SEZs), totaling about 285,000 acres of public lands, that will serve as priority areas for commercial-scale solar development, with the potential for additional zones through ongoing and future regional planning processes. If fully built out, projects in the designated areas could produce as much as 23,700 megawatts of solar energy, enough to power approximately 7 million American homes. The program also keeps the door open, on a case-by-case basis, for the possibility of carefully sited solar projects outside SEZs on about 19 million acres in “variance” areas. The program also includes a framework for regional mitigation plans, and to protect key natural and cultural resources the program excludes a little under 79 million acres that would be inappropriate for solar development based on currently available information.

“The Solar PEIS sets forth an enduring, flexible blueprint for developing utility-scale solar projects in the right way, and in the right places, on our public lands,” said David J. Hayes, Deputy Secretary of the Interior. “Never before has the Interior Department worked so closely and collaboratively with the industry, conservationists and sportsmen alike to develop a sound, long-term plan for generating domestic energy from our nation’s sun-drenched public lands.”

The signing of the Record of Decision today follows the July release of the Final PEIS, a comprehensive analysis that identified locations on Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands most suitable for solar energy development. These areas are characterized by excellent solar resources, access to existing or planned transmission and relatively low conflict with biological, cultural and historic resources.

Today’s action is in line with the President’s direction to continue to expand domestic energy production, safely and responsibly. Since President Obama took office, domestic oil and gas production has increased each year, with domestic oil production at an eight-year high, natural gas production at an all-time high, and foreign oil imports now accounting for less than 50 percent of the oil consumed in America – the lowest level since 1995.[/report]
Travis.

Cary

Post by Cary » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:06 pm

what's that have to do with a deadbeat who wont pay his bills? fuck Bundy and his bleed-the-beast supporters.
Utah is great, it's just too bad it's in Utah...
-CE

Adams

Post by Adams » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Cary wrote:what's that have to do with a deadbeat who wont pay his bills? fuck Bundy and his bleed-the-beast supporters.
Come on Cary - they are solar powered cattle seeking lasers designed to fry Bundy's cattle, but will bounce off Sharpton's hair. Can't you follow along?
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Here's some actual reporting on the situation, as opposed to most other bullshit I've seen spewing around the inter web, getting "libertarians" all stirred up.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... nd/360587/
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

jdub

Post by jdub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:24 pm

SLSS wrote:Here's some actual reporting on the situation, as opposed to most other bullshit I've seen spewing around the inter web, getting "libertarians" all stirred up.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... nd/360587/
http://uwL2v3MMAbo[/youtube]
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:27 pm

[report]Chinese company Trina Solar will supply 1.1 million 250-watt solar panels for a 250-megawatt (MW) solar farm in Nevada. When the project is completed, it will be one of the biggest solar photovoltaic power plants in the world. The project, located in the desert town of Boulder City about 20 miles from Las Vegas, is the third expansion of Sempra U.S. Gas & Power’s Copper Mountain Project. When the project is completed in 2015 the total solar capacity will be up to 458 MW.

Read more: 250 MW Nevada Solar Farm To Be Built With Chinese Solar Panels 250 MW Solar Farm To Be Built in Nevada - Gallery Page 0 – Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building[/report]
Travis.