this will end poorly

Greenback

this will end poorly

Post by Greenback » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:20 pm

all this multicultural BS will not end well. hope the leftist of the world are happy with what they're creating.

Greenback

Re: this will end poorly

Post by Greenback » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Rich how il Papa is ripping the idea of building a wall on the southern border but has no problem with the Vatican having a giant fucking wall and some of the most restrictive immigration policies on the planet. Hypocrite much?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:02 am

Greenback wrote:Rich how il Papa is ripping the idea of building a wall on the southern border but has no problem with the Vatican having a giant fucking wall and some of the most restrictive immigration policies on the planet. Hypocrite much?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all
That is simply untrue about the Vatican, my man.
“It isn’t all surrounded by walls, and it’s not like you need a separate visa or a passport to enter,” he said. “You wouldn’t know, almost, when you even entered Vatican City. There is a white line painted on the ground in St. Peter’s Square, but that kind of thing is not obvious everywhere.”

There are, to be sure, formidable walls in Vatican City, and much of of the site, including the gardens and the modest guesthouse that is home to Francis, is set behind them. But the walls do not entirely enclose the city-state, and in the modern era they are not meant to, historians said.

“Anybody can walk into St. Peter’s Square — that’s the whole point of it,” said Dr. Mannion. “It was designed to be welcoming and to draw people in like two open arms, to draw them into the heart of the church.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/world ... .html?_r=0

When did you become a raging conservative anyways? You went from voting for Obama to popping off Trumpisms in a matter of a few years. lol

I hope all is well, buddy. :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:42 am

I'm sooo fucking glad I live in austria, hey.

now someone google me a spooky austrian video.

we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Greenback

Post by Greenback » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:15 am

Woolybug25 wrote: That is simply untrue about the Vatican, my man.
“It isn’t all surrounded by walls, and it’s not like you need a separate visa or a passport to enter,” he said. “You wouldn’t know, almost, when you even entered Vatican City. There is a white line painted on the ground in St. Peter’s Square, but that kind of thing is not obvious everywhere.”

There are, to be sure, formidable walls in Vatican City, and much of of the site, including the gardens and the modest guesthouse that is home to Francis, is set behind them. But the walls do not entirely enclose the city-state, and in the modern era they are not meant to, historians said.

“Anybody can walk into St. Peter’s Square — that’s the whole point of it,” said Dr. Mannion. “It was designed to be welcoming and to draw people in like two open arms, to draw them into the heart of the church.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/world ... .html?_r=0

I hope all is well, buddy. :cool
You missed the point: It's not about visiting the place. It's the fact that the immigration policies are restrictive, 100% walled or not:

Washington Times reported:

The Vatican, for its part, welcomes millions of visitors a year — but allows only a very select few, who meet strict criteria, to be admitted as residents or citizens.Only about 450 of its 800 or so residents actually hold citizenship, according to a 2012 study by the Library of Congress. That study said citizens are either church cardinals who reside in the Vatican, the Holy See’s diplomats around the world, and those who have to reside in the city because of their jobs, such as the Swiss Guard. Spouses and children who live in the city because of their relationship with citizens — including the Swiss Guard and workers such as the gardener — can also be granted citizenship. But that means few of the Vatican’s citizens are women.

http://blogs.loc.gov/law/2012/07/the-cu ... ity-state/

Yet the Pope wants the rest of the world to have open borders:

WASHINGTON -- Pope Francis urged compassion on Thursday for refugees and unauthorized immigrants, speaking to a crowd that included lawmakers who have said the U.S. should keep out Syrians and others who fled their countries, and should deport more of the undocumented immigrants who are already here.

During an address to the House of Representatives and the Senate, the pope said the solution to the refugee crisis is for other countries to follow the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." His mention of the Golden Rule earned a standing ovation.

"Our world is facing a refugee crisis of a magnitude not seen since the Second World War," he said. "This presents us with great challenges and many hard decisions. On this continent, too, thousands of persons are led to travel north in search of a better life for themselves and for their loved ones, in search of greater opportunities. Is this not what we want for our own children?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pop ... 10edfa21c7

Peoples' views change - it's part of life: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25980&hilit=greenback+obama

I'm good. Hope NY is treating you well. :cool

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:31 am

austrotard wrote:

now someone google me a spooky austrian video.

Been grooving on this chick lately. This is a good set and the audio is great.

Sorry for the hijack Greenback. Yeah, the world is mean.

Greenback

Post by Greenback » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:50 am

Good hijack. :cool

Maybe this thread will not end as poorly as the world. It might end up all rainbows and unicorns!

Trucha Del Mar

Post by Trucha Del Mar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:06 am

What a coinkydink. I, too, have been digging that particular Austrian indie chick lately.

Relates: Who the hell wants to emigrate to the Vatican?

Elates: Don't Catholic priests have all sorts of unfortunate restrictions placed on their activities?

Lates: I don't think the pay is all that good. Spiritually, perhaps.

Ates: I'll bet the food there is really good. That might be a legitimate reason.
Goin' back to Houston, do the hot dog dance. Goin' back to Houston, to get me some pants.

The sheepshead fish has human teeth, but it's OK because it won't give you a psychedelic crisis.

bring your own lampshade, somewhere there's a party...