Gun Control?

B.M. Barrelcooker

Re: Gun Control?

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 am

Absolutely appalling.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

And the cunt wears that flag so proudly under that racist vitriol…

I would just as soon that some of you are more precise in your affiliation and say "USA" rather than American as that impugns everyone from Mexico to the Pole...

Nawuffence...

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:13 pm

None taken CC.

He stood right in front of those folks in the heartland and promised to bring their jobs back. I'll Drain the Swamp he said.

He is currently in the process of adding DC lobbyists to appoint regulators in the very industries they lobby, which seems like the exact opposite. The most recent admin had specific policies in place during the transition, in advance, to limit the influence of special interests.

PLEASE, Plow, SOBF, correct me if I am wrong on this one single point. OK, just one more:

Public Sector debt and budget deficits - good or bad? I will admit that's a trick question because (this is just my opinion) both are about to rise. A lot.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Admittedly B-man;
but all objective accounts indicated an obstructionist House, so I'm not surprised by the administration's failures and electorate's loathing…

Working folk will always take it in the neck…while they fiddle
…or, in some cases, diddle

:vomit

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:07 pm

The whole thing is appalling. I was not happy when they elected Obama, but you go with it. I liked the guy, just not all of his policies and approaches.

Politics is religion. It's about a set of beliefs. It all went to hell because communications made things in your face, all the time...and Americans seem to think that if we like something/someone, we must love everything about him/her/it. If we don't like something, we must hate everything about him/her/it. Whenever we all grow up and figure out that it's simply not that way, only then can we work together. I can have differing opinions but still be compassionate. Burning dumpsters, blocking traffic and all this non-sense doesn't help in the long run. These people are pissed and so were the people who voted for Trump. What they have in common is they are all pissed...in a world of the greatest ability to communicate than any other time in recorded history, everyone feels as if they are not heard.

Humans are simply cockroaches. Most can't think beyond themselves. Not all, just some. But enough to incite hostilities from others who may just want to be left alone...like me. It's not that I don't love this country, I just don't want to live on this planet any more. I'm not supporting a visit to Mars because we'll just fuck that up, too. We, as a race, have a way of doing that.

I'm just really, really saddened by all of this...
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:41 am

Da Ax wrote:The whole thing is appalling. I was not happy when they elected Obama, but you go with it. I liked the guy, just not all of his policies and approaches.

Politics is religion. It's about a set of beliefs. It all went to hell because communications made things in your face, all the time...and Americans seem to think that if we like something/someone, we must love everything about him/her/it. If we don't like something, we must hate everything about him/her/it. Whenever we all grow up and figure out that it's simply not that way, only then can we work together. I can have differing opinions but still be compassionate. Burning dumpsters, blocking traffic and all this non-sense doesn't help in the long run. These people are pissed and so were the people who voted for Trump. What they have in common is they are all pissed...in a world of the greatest ability to communicate than any other time in recorded history, everyone feels as if they are not heard.

Humans are simply cockroaches. Most can't think beyond themselves. Not all, just some. But enough to incite hostilities from others who may just want to be left alone...like me. It's not that I don't love this country, I just don't want to live on this planet any more. I'm not supporting a visit to Mars because we'll just fuck that up, too. We, as a race, have a way of doing that.

Would you like a therapy dog?

just kidding, for fuck's sake. :cool
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:38 am

BigTimber wrote:
Da Ax wrote:The whole thing is appalling. I was not happy when they elected Obama, but you go with it. I liked the guy, just not all of his policies and approaches.

Would you like a therapy dog?

just kidding, for fuck's sake. :cool
Some days, I feel as if I could use one.... a big Mastiff. If, for nothing else, to eat the cats that have taken residency in my home.
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

Plow

Post by Plow » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Anything's better that having hillary and bill slither back into the White House. Don't know why y'all are so upset, think of it, no more corrupt hillary and all that goes along with it. Hope she and bill have little something socked away (like the russian uranium deal money).

Look at the bright side, market is rocking and the dollar is at a 11 year high and he's not even president yet. Time to make money!

In response to an asked question....
Pence removing lobbyists from Trump transition team

Selena Zito summed it up best (I'll paraphrase), you snowflakes take trump literally, trump voters took him seriously. Trump voter (most) just want him to stop illegal immigration and enforce the laws, it's killing us (some of us literally).

Anyway, sorry for your pain, a day on the water works wonders.
Better Reds than dead...

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:15 pm

They have eight or nine more lobbyists to lose but that was great news.

You are aware that this admin deported 2.5mm illegals, a record, right?

Here's what is really pissing me off: Health Care. Paul Ryan's plan is probably getting consideration since D doesn't have one ready yet. It appears to me that he wants to ditch Medicare - folks already getting benefits won't be affected of course. People like me that have paid into this system (38 years for me) will get some sort of subsidy to buy private insurance. Ummm, with all due respect fuck that!

Very Unfair!

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

canook

Post by canook » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Which beggars the question, how and why the fuck were these lobbyists approved to be on the transition team in the first place? Wasn't the promise to create a different administration one the the main planks in trump's platform? Not to mention all the Wall St bankers not purged and still active on the transition team.

Looks like the bond markets are not responding favourably.

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Mbama.jpg
Mbama.jpg (35.37 KiB) Viewed 679 times

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Plow, I get plenty of days on the water and I'm not in pain. I'd prefer you not refer to me as a snowflake but knock yourself out.

I don't like getting ripped off.

What about public debt and budget deficits? Good or bad?