By kish
It just dawned on me that for the first time in my life, "my" president will have no redeeming qualities. Regardless of whichever P.O.S. wins, I see no positives.

I've always voted libertarian, so I'm used to not getting my first choice, but damn… At least past candidates had a positive attribute or two that I could focus on to make them seem human. Bush was likable and an outdoorsman. His dad seemed like a statesman. Bill was a likable good ol' boy. Obama seemed like a cool guy. Smoked a little weed, smooth personality. Carter seemed like a, honorable, decent man.

I've never despised our president, but unfortunately that will change in January. Regardless of who wins.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Keep voting libertarian.

You are right
By austrotard
let's make half of america great again!

the other unpopular half can get fucked, hey.

don't you lot have some sort of commandment where you can take up arms and coup d'état or some shit?
now would be the time to exercise that right. or maybe not.

big bluffers.

go trump.
By root wad
I considered it an honor to vote until I realized my choice was determined by which candidate seemed not as patently repulsive as the other.
By yard4sale
This is brutal for all 3rd parties. If the independents can even get votes in this one we are screwed forever...
By VTNZ
To quote a pretty admirable dude, Colin Powell:

"This is the Pottery Barn Rule......you break it you've bought it."

Except this time the rest of globe will suffer too.

I'll be taking questions and giving advice on NZ residency requirements for the next week... :coffee
By stillsteamin
I don't often come down here. Bitching about politics always seems like a waste of time. Waste implies disposal without adequate return, and I suppose they leave the adequacy of the return to the discretion of the disposer.

Woke up at 4am, checked my phone once, haven't looked again because a quick glance at 4am allows for a margin of error produced by grogginess, which begets doubt, which provides for the soothing ability to think maybe this is all a shitty fucking nightmare like when the hillbillies from deliverance are chasing me through the woods at my grandparent's hunting property but I can also fly and talk to rabbits who are actually people I hated but pretended to like from high school, or when I'm on a flight from my family's cabin to my office on a plane filled with people having a chess competition but then I'm suddenly falling, hurtling towards certain death over what looks like the Bahamas? I can see bonefish tailing as I fall, luckily I brought a fly rod.

Maybe its too early for so much coffee. Maybe who cares because maybe we're all actually as fucked as I've supposed.

It's sort of sublime to release the final rags of faith you had in people. They'd been slipping and tearing for years, mind. I worried about letting them go, about the consequences - how I'd manage to function in a society that demands a measure of normalcy when I've none. But we're beyond the horizon line now, and normalcy cowers in the dark.

Fucking travis just messaged me saying he's going fishing. Cheeky bastard called in sick.

I think I'm feeling a little ill as well.
By BigTimber
I would've loved to be in Hillary's camp last night....I'm sure shit was set on fire, tables tipped over, cussin' like a sailor and whiskey bottles broken....kind of like a Drake Bake (thanks Brookwookie and Flyfisheraaa)!
By Jon
"When God created Republicans, he gave up on everything else." - Frank Zappa
By MTgrayling
stillsteamin wrote: It's sort of sublime to release the final rags of faith you had in people. They'd been slipping and tearing for years, mind. I worried about letting them go, about the consequences - how I'd manage to function in a society that demands a measure of normalcy when I've none. But we're beyond the horizon line now, and normalcy cowers in the dark.

Fucking travis just messaged me saying he's going fishing. Cheeky bastard called in sick.

I think I'm feeling a little ill as well.

Try to think of it as liberating. You are now a free man...

:cool

Plenty of blame to go 'round. Mine will go at dumbfuck family, russia, the FBI and Wasserman Schultz. We will all feel the burn now though.
By Spicytuna
Cali got Weed

Holla
By VTNZ
Ya don't have legal weed yet. The only way the leader of the biggest Banana Republic is going to let that fly is if someone gets in his ear during his 4 second attention span and conveys that "well if we let them legalize it, the rapist, murdering colored folks won't have the market to smuggle it across the border,etc." But who's gonna do that? Guliani and his gestapo? Christie who hates the cool weed smokers cuz they called him fat in high school?

But Banana Repubs have things like Junta's and FBI/DEA are now essentially rogue. And their "industry", er, "existence" as an angry white guy with a gunjob means making crims out of folks....ergo the feds will be Cali's ass and every other now....

Mind you I'm all for legal weeds....but this is new chapter in the DSA....Democracy just died after 240 years, and to think things will be ok is not realistic. And when he puts in a Supreme Ct justice who will make the Shah of Iran look moderate....you'll be losing a lot more than just legal weed. The lunatics are running the asylum... :bomb

I need that big rock dolly in my life. I’m l[…]

scott schimdt and n face steeptechs ski gears stil[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

PT’s Rose Caddis (Potter variation) ht[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Headin out for the weekend https://i.imgur.com/k[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine