By BigCliff
befuddled wrote:given the numbers (I've had a couple of beers, do your own calculations if mine look incorrect), is his "victory" really an argument for abolishing the EC?
Probably not, but I think this may be: In terms of Electoral College votes per state resident, each person voting in Wyoming has over 3x the impact of each voter in California.

In TEN OTHER STATES, each voter has at least 2x the impact of a California voter. (refer to my chart on pg2 of thread for detail)

The electoral college is a convoluted way of stating that residents of small states should have more say in who becomes president that residents of large states. What the fuk's up with that?
By SLSS
BigCliff wrote:
The electoral college is a convoluted way of stating that residents of small states should have more say in who becomes president that residents of large states. What the fuk's up with that?
That's nice for the folks that always seem to what to count in terms of red/blue square footage.
By Lando
BigCliff wrote:
Each person voting in Wyoming has over 3x the impact of each voter in California. In TEN OTHER STATES, each voter has at least 2x the impact of a California voter.

How is that fair?
Because I am that important...........besides, do we really want California telling us what to do for the country?

Hell, we even have a state code of ethics.

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/wyoming/code/code-west
By VTNZ
Huh. How does the Wyoming "code of ethics" align itself with turning a trout stream into a silt ditch?

About as good as the electoral college seems to be working me thinks...
By Lando
Ethics and intellect are two different things.
By SLSS
Lando wrote:Ethics and intellect are two different things.
I wish the former was built upon a strong latter.
By Kfoxwyo
Shit I just wist the two were with in arms reach of each other.
Rust Belt 2019

He did....with my camera!! And my fish :gun

Did you guys feed a redfish or two to those racc[…]

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

when do i get my goddamn flies. is what im wonderi[…]

Peeing off the porch....TR

One of these days id like to experience such an av[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine