Page 4 of 4

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:24 pm
by BigCliff
befuddled wrote:given the numbers (I've had a couple of beers, do your own calculations if mine look incorrect), is his "victory" really an argument for abolishing the EC?
Probably not, but I think this may be: In terms of Electoral College votes per state resident, each person voting in Wyoming has over 3x the impact of each voter in California.

In TEN OTHER STATES, each voter has at least 2x the impact of a California voter. (refer to my chart on pg2 of thread for detail)

The electoral college is a convoluted way of stating that residents of small states should have more say in who becomes president that residents of large states. What the fuk's up with that?

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 pm
by SLSS
BigCliff wrote:
The electoral college is a convoluted way of stating that residents of small states should have more say in who becomes president that residents of large states. What the fuk's up with that?
That's nice for the folks that always seem to what to count in terms of red/blue square footage.

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 pm
by Lando
BigCliff wrote:
Each person voting in Wyoming has over 3x the impact of each voter in California. In TEN OTHER STATES, each voter has at least 2x the impact of a California voter.

How is that fair?
Because I am that important...........besides, do we really want California telling us what to do for the country?

Hell, we even have a state code of ethics.

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/wyoming/code/code-west

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:17 pm
by VTNZ
Huh. How does the Wyoming "code of ethics" align itself with turning a trout stream into a silt ditch?

About as good as the electoral college seems to be working me thinks...

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:07 pm
by Lando
Ethics and intellect are two different things.

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:19 pm
by SLSS
Lando wrote:Ethics and intellect are two different things.
I wish the former was built upon a strong latter.

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:38 pm
by FormerlyChaseChrome
SLSS wrote:
Lando wrote:Ethics and intellect are two different things.
I wish the former was built upon a strong latter.
Snap...

Re: Electoral College

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:51 pm
by Kfoxwyo
Shit I just wist the two were with in arms reach of each other.