Johnson and Johnson ordered to pay 572 million

Honyuk96

Johnson and Johnson ordered to pay 572 million

Post by Honyuk96 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm

In their contributions to da opiod epidemic. Now i don't do politics, nor do i have a dog in this fight, but what do you guys think ? After my spinal fusion surgery in 08, i became addicted to opioids. You bet your ass i did. Never messed w da needle bit i tink i have a very good understanding of what those junkies go through. It was hell coming down from 25 pain pills ( prescribed and taken as ordered ) a day. Pure hell. i'll stick w my herbs, been treating me just fine fer decades. What say you ?
Lotta blame to go round and my opinion is that it's like most anything. Politics. Big money, plain and simple. The doctors, lawyers, judges....all to blame. I was simply following doctors's orders. Never again.

-G-

Re: Johnson and Johnson ordered to pay 572 million

Post by -G- » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:45 pm

In 2001 there was a big joint commission that labeled pain as the “fifth vital sign” amongst peoples temperature, BP, pulse, respiratory rate. This was just a part of an even larger movement which included how docs were rated (pt satisfaction scores) and compensated in their ability to have adequately treated a patients pain during a hospital stay ,post-surgically, and even out-patient visits in which the patient was painful.

I’m trying to keep this limited, so that, plus a slew of other political, inadequate research, and pharm moves many of you are already familiar with put us where we are at today.

My thoughts are pretty simple as far as resolution— everybody needs to change. Docs need to have more hard conversations with pts about not prescribing opioid pain medication regardless of what it does to their pt satisfaction/ compensation for disease/ procedures they are not truly necessary. There’s obviously still exceptions to this and appropriate times to prescribe them. And patients need to understand that after being opened up in the operating room, they’re not going to be pain-free afterwards. (Not directed at you Matt, that doc likely gave that amount to every pt that left his OR as standard procedure)— which likely became so because of what was said above.

The overall concept of pain-free medicine is almost exclusive to our culture in America and this is essentially what we’re dealt with because of it. But overall, I’ve been getting the impression that we’re heading in the right direction as of late.... finally.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Rated by whom?

It’s my understanding these companies are being held accountable for incentivizing doctors to prescribe their drugs at accelerated rates.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:20 pm

yard4sale wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 pm
Rated by whom?

It’s my understanding these companies are being held accountable for incentivizing doctors to prescribe their drugs at accelerated rates.
Patients (via pt satisfaction scores, post discharge surveys, etc). And you’re right too, hell of a world we live in. I’d hate to be guilty of blaming one, or even just two party’s for this mess. I’ll also save the pharm rant for another day :vomit
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

Honyuk96

Post by Honyuk96 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:25 pm

Interesting thoughts. it's sad what big money can do. I actually feel bad for all the poor fuckers that get caught up in that shit. Been there, done it and i ain't goin back.

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:58 am

join antifa.

and then kill yourself.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

Honyuk96

Post by Honyuk96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:00 am

Haha....thanks but i like my AR and choose to keep it