kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
since i'm in NY i don't know what color they are out there.

if it's olive- OD caddis

if it's tan- cree caddis

for some reason this fly just works. it has much experience in your area too.

for an emerger Mr Mathews' X2

in the last two nights i caught a smallmouth bass, a rock bass and four nice wild (not native!!) browns on these, it's a prince among caddis.
This is my go-to pattern from mr cutter. Works wonders for me.
ec_cad.jpg
ec_cad.jpg (14.48 KiB) Viewed 6816 times
I also like to tie mine with deer hair for the slower waters. Just looks a little closer to the real deal, but is much harder to find on the water.
The x2 caddis, tied on a TMC 102 hook ,mostly in sz.19 , cause i like a black hook. i have a box full, cripples, adults emerger, all courtesy of MR. Matthews :coffee
Ginseng Sullivan wrote:since i'm in NY i don't know what color they are out there.

if it's olive- OD caddis

if it's tan- cree caddis

for some reason this fly just works. it has much experience in your area too.

for an emerger Mr Mathews' X2

in the last two nights i caught a smallmouth bass, a rock bass and four nice wild (not native!!) browns on these, it's a prince among caddis.
I've bastardized many a ginseng sullivan pattern, with good results. I highly recommend fucking up his recipes.
I'm a big fan of Walter Weisse's Mother's Day Caddis (Park's Fly Shop, Gardiner, MT).
I've used it on the Madison during the actually hatch with good results and have since been using it as an all around attractor emerger. It's quick to tie and fishes great most everywhere.

I usually use grizzly hackle and a dark orange shuck but it probably doesn't matter too much.

https://youtu.be/z3fU5u8Ol8U
whatcha tying?

Started tying a ghost fly But that was like last y[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Silver Invicta Muddled Crippler https://liv[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

YouTube link never minds ill figure out the avat[…]

Rust Belt 2019

This. Oh Lord, put me in this picture one day[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine