This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By blackwater
This one is my fly for carp 90% of the time. Simple tinsel chenille woolly bugger in black, brown or olive. The other fly is a rubber leg nymph for when they are being real spooky.

By Long Haired Dave
blackwater wrote:

is that a brokeback bugger for to ride scary part up or is that a brokeback bugger which hath already been pwned?
By Ramcatt
just did the whole thread again...

i'm fucking pumped for summer

its was 7* lastnight
By blackwater
Long Haired Dave wrote:
blackwater wrote:

is that a brokeback bugger for to ride scary part up or is that a brokeback bugger which hath already been pwned?

Something like that. Big bastard carp V Sage bass rod = brokeback bugger

Took it a bit easier on the next one and started using heavier hooks :cheer
By stonedfly
Are you suppose to kill them over there (they have a fit here in NZ when you put one back)?
By blackwater
Yep. Carp are regarded as a noxious fish are not supposed to be returned to the water. They are pretty slippery though.
By FatBrown
Darth Wader wrote:THere have been some tidbits here on flies and colors, how about adding an element to this thread with carp flies that you tie that work. I caught my biggest on a pink/tan crazy charlie that I tied for salt.
I got one for ya. Tie it in any color. I use a size 8 with over-sized lead eyes. Heavy as shit, gets down right away. Looks real cool in the water. If ya want I'll post up the recipe....
CIMG0662.JPG
CIMG0662.JPG (184.81 KiB) Viewed 781 times
By Long Haired Dave
FatBrown wrote: I got one for ya. Tie it in any color. I use a size 8 with over-sized lead eyes. Heavy as shit, gets down right away. Looks real cool in the water. If ya want I'll post up the recipe....
You don't have many problems spooking them on the plop? I always wish I could fish with a faster drop but usually feel like I'm too shallow/fish too spooky for that.
By blackwater
Long Haired Dave wrote:
FatBrown wrote: I got one for ya. Tie it in any color. I use a size 8 with over-sized lead eyes. Heavy as shit, gets down right away. Looks real cool in the water. If ya want I'll post up the recipe....
You don't have many problems spooking them on the plop? I always wish I could fish with a faster drop but usually feel like I'm too shallow/fish too spooky for that.

Same problem over here. Normally the fly needs to land close to the fish and then draw the fly across it's nose. Anything that lands with a plop or more usually sees the fish doing a u-bolt. Even the woolly buggers i use have no weight so they dont make a sound hitting the water.
By FatBrown
I'll cast that thing 10 or 20 feet past the fish, strip like mad til it's about 3 or 4 feet away and let it sink. Thing's fluffy enough to take most of the turd-plop away. When the water's kinda murky sometimes you see the fish just a few seconds before you're on top of 'em, so it's nice if ya don't have to wait for the bug to drop. A longer leader helps, too, so you can get the fly far enough past the fish not to spook him, and you don't spook 'em with the fly line. Another nice thing about casting that far past the fish is you have a chance to steer the bug a bit on the retrieve. .

Different, but similar bug....
lips.jpg
lips.jpg (60.77 KiB) Viewed 945 times
By Long Haired Dave
[report]welcome to 2009, carps of mine

had a little problem with snaggin today, fishing a light fly and dirty water they couldn't see it i kept trying to get closer ....
_so-close-yet-so-far.jpg
_so-close-yet-so-far.jpg (58.02 KiB) Viewed 923 times
did it though
_five-pound-welcome-to-2009.jpg
_five-pound-welcome-to-2009.jpg (53.71 KiB) Viewed 924 times
yoga log
_head-stand-baby.jpg
_head-stand-baby.jpg (147.04 KiB) Viewed 926 times
the weather is not sight fishing weather for several days.
_what-we-do-when-the-weathe.jpg
_what-we-do-when-the-weathe.jpg (55.95 KiB) Viewed 924 times
[/report]
The Kids Are Alright - TR

Great stuff Tim !!! Thank you.

as a skibum I found this article interesting http[…]

didn't you just do that? I'll bet you gals have[…]

If You’re Planning To Come To Montana

So, pre-runoff Dillon Bake?

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine