New Gear

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
flybug.pa.

Re: New Gear

Post by flybug.pa. » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:50 pm

you better have a new one by then ....the clock aint gonna stop ticking :coffee
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 pm

flybug.pa. wrote:you better have a new one by then ....the clock aint gonna stop ticking :coffee
Gonna call the rod wrapper manana. I swear the only rod I haven't broken is a TFO. They need to make rods out of titanium for people who fish a bunch & beat the fuck out of their gear, or people like me who beat the fuck out of their stuff & break a rod on the one day of fishing a month. :coffee
Lyrical

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 am

maybe you need more TFOs. Dont we know someone on this (i am not sure what this place is anymore) spot who is in the biz with them. TICR is good. :coffee
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Kylemc

Post by Kylemc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Kylemc wrote:I got a new piston and ring, new handlebars, revalved forks, new plastic, new throttle cable and slide, new rear sprocket. I will never be able to buy new rods, reels, cameras, etc. if he keeps crashing.
and yesterday I got a front brake calliper, a rear brake calliper, a master cylinder, 50 tooth rear gear, 14 tooth front gear, another rear rotor, brake pistons and o rings to fix old callipers for spares. I fukkin love moto x :bomb
"And sometimes both is required. We; the three of us were rather like the willow. Nothing broke us...Fucking Nothing..."

I forgot the rest.... your mom is a whore...WB25

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:22 pm

.......and i grabbed my shovel..... :coffee
- Frank Zappa

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Kylemc wrote:
Kylemc wrote:I got a new piston and ring, new handlebars, revalved forks, new plastic, new throttle cable and slide, new rear sprocket. I will never be able to buy new rods, reels, cameras, etc. if he keeps crashing.
and yesterday I got a front brake calliper, a rear brake calliper, a master cylinder, 50 tooth rear gear, 14 tooth front gear, another rear rotor, brake pistons and o rings to fix old callipers for spares. I fukkin love moto x :bomb
Damn... you must be made of money :cool
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:46 pm

I've developed a fondness for basic gear pawl reels and picked up this new to me J.W. Young reel. I'm guessing it's about 50 years old. It's going on a back up spey rod. It was pretty crusted up with old varnished grease when I got it, but it cleaned right up. Sounds awesome and only $58 bucks shipped off fleabay. Came with the original box. Based on what old Hardy's go for, I think the Young's are one of the best bargains out there for an English made clicker.

before cleanup

after

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Sweet RD. I've got a JWY Beaudex I fish pretty regularly. Not in as nice a shape, but bomb-proof, and the pretty sound.

What are using for grease on the pawls?
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 pm

SLSS wrote:Sweet RD. I've got a JWY Beaudex I fish pretty regularly. Not in as nice a shape, but bomb-proof, and the pretty sound.

What are using for grease on the pawls?
Thanks SLSS. This one is a Beaudex as well. It's a 4 inch Salmon model. I also have a 3.5" Condex. I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:35 am

Randall Dee wrote:
I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.
Your poor wife. I would use vaseline or KY meself.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:08 am

NOW THAT IS FUNNY

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:18 am

Spudnik wrote:
Randall Dee wrote:
I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.
They all work. My wife prefers the smell of the Hot Sauce. I save the KY for 24 year old frat boys. :cool