All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By flybug.pa.
you better have a new one by then ....the clock aint gonna stop ticking :coffee
By Salmotrutta
flybug.pa. wrote:you better have a new one by then ....the clock aint gonna stop ticking :coffee
Gonna call the rod wrapper manana. I swear the only rod I haven't broken is a TFO. They need to make rods out of titanium for people who fish a bunch & beat the fuck out of their gear, or people like me who beat the fuck out of their stuff & break a rod on the one day of fishing a month. :coffee
By flybug.pa.
maybe you need more TFOs. Dont we know someone on this (i am not sure what this place is anymore) spot who is in the biz with them. TICR is good. :coffee
By Kylemc
Kylemc wrote:I got a new piston and ring, new handlebars, revalved forks, new plastic, new throttle cable and slide, new rear sprocket. I will never be able to buy new rods, reels, cameras, etc. if he keeps crashing.
and yesterday I got a front brake calliper, a rear brake calliper, a master cylinder, 50 tooth rear gear, 14 tooth front gear, another rear rotor, brake pistons and o rings to fix old callipers for spares. I fukkin love moto x :bomb
By flybug.pa.
.......and i grabbed my shovel..... :coffee
By West Chester
Kylemc wrote:
Kylemc wrote:I got a new piston and ring, new handlebars, revalved forks, new plastic, new throttle cable and slide, new rear sprocket. I will never be able to buy new rods, reels, cameras, etc. if he keeps crashing.
and yesterday I got a front brake calliper, a rear brake calliper, a master cylinder, 50 tooth rear gear, 14 tooth front gear, another rear rotor, brake pistons and o rings to fix old callipers for spares. I fukkin love moto x :bomb
Damn... you must be made of money :cool
By Randall Dee
I've developed a fondness for basic gear pawl reels and picked up this new to me J.W. Young reel. I'm guessing it's about 50 years old. It's going on a back up spey rod. It was pretty crusted up with old varnished grease when I got it, but it cleaned right up. Sounds awesome and only $58 bucks shipped off fleabay. Came with the original box. Based on what old Hardy's go for, I think the Young's are one of the best bargains out there for an English made clicker.

before cleanup

after
By SLSS
Sweet RD. I've got a JWY Beaudex I fish pretty regularly. Not in as nice a shape, but bomb-proof, and the pretty sound.

What are using for grease on the pawls?
By Randall Dee
SLSS wrote:Sweet RD. I've got a JWY Beaudex I fish pretty regularly. Not in as nice a shape, but bomb-proof, and the pretty sound.

What are using for grease on the pawls?
Thanks SLSS. This one is a Beaudex as well. It's a 4 inch Salmon model. I also have a 3.5" Condex. I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.
By Spudnik
Randall Dee wrote:
I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.
Your poor wife. I would use vaseline or KY meself.
By SOBF
NOW THAT IS FUNNY
By Randall Dee
Spudnik wrote:
Randall Dee wrote:
I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.
They all work. My wife prefers the smell of the Hot Sauce. I save the KY for 24 year old frat boys. :cool
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

a-ha... prematura ejactulatorie. my a-notta so goo[…]

A Confession

you know as well as I do it'll be a woman. most li[…]

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Bump FFS

whatcha tying?

Fokker...rooibaard

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine