This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Bobwhite
Yeah,

I don't have the confidence that I'll get the spots right if I lay in color on the fish first. They also sort of act as markers, or road signs, for me when I go in to paint the form of the fish.

Good music helps...and the turpentine and varnish are a nice buzz. After a while I kind of get hipp-mo-tized.

Fun pushin' paint...

I love what you do with your water, Mutha. I'm remembering a permit piece...
By NeedmoreDEET
Thanks for sharing Bob. Now you and Paul just need to put together one of those cool time lapse movies like Rick :cheer
By Mike Honcho
Bobwhite wrote:Yeah,

I don't have the confidence that I'll get the spots right if I lay in color on the fish first. They also sort of act as markers, or road signs, for me when I go in to paint the form of the fish.

Good music helps...and the turpentine and varnish are a nice buzz. After a while I kind of get hipp-mo-tized.

Fun pushin' paint...

I love what you do with your water, Mutha. I'm remembering a permit piece...
Great stuff Bob. I recall priming my grandfathers old house with the windows and doors shut, listening to the Lord of the Rings on books on tape. It was interesting. Sorry, back on topic, waiting for the next step...
By Bobwhite
Sorry, I got a little behind...

Another solid day at the easel, and a few more square inches of progress... Spot gets some color.

I had a hard time finding my way yesterday, and mostly fucked around trying to get my palette squared away. I just couldn't get the colors right. I finally got everything worked out in the early afternoon, and ripped on it for four hours or so, until I had to go to a meeting of the local watershed group.
SpotGetsSomeColor.JPG
Would you just paint my fuckin' face please!
SpotGetsSomeColor.JPG (147.25 KiB) Viewed 195 times

It's time to give this guy a face, and a little personality...
By McH
that reflection is where it's at, that painting will not be around for long. :cool
By CarpeTructa
You know, it looks kind of cool half-finished like that. What an interesting conversation piece to have it just like that. It's like in literature, when the author breaks out of the narrative to speak directly to you the reader. Here, you are looking at that wonderful, completed reflection portion already finished, and the top half with spots and half painted. It's the kind of painting that would really stop people in their tracks and get them examining it more, and asking questions about the artist, etc. At least I know I would. On the other hand, I can't say that that would make be buy it necessarily. I would have to ask you question #6 from page one. :Roll Eyes Nice looking painting though and a cool thread. Thanks.
By Bobwhite
McH wrote:that reflection is where it's at, that painting will not be around for long. :cool
Thanks for the kind words... this painting will be in the mail as soon as it's dry and been photographed. It's a commission from a guy I guided a long time ago, in Alaska. It came right out of the blue and landed in our lap, just when we needed it. Thank you gods...
CarpeTructa wrote:You know, it looks kind of cool half-finished like that. What an interesting conversation piece to have it just like that. It's like in literature, when the author breaks out of the narrative to speak directly to you the reader. Here, you are looking at that wonderful, completed reflection portion already finished, and the top half with spots and half painted. It's the kind of painting that would really stop people in their tracks and get them examining it more, and asking questions about the artist, etc. At least I know I would. On the other hand, I can't say that that would make be buy it necessarily. I would have to ask you question #6 from page one. :Roll Eyes Nice looking painting though and a cool thread. Thanks.
I love the idea! If only it wasn't a commission...

Maybe the last painting I do will be like just like that... I can think of worse things to be doing when my time card gets punched.

Thanks for the much needed and welcome distraction... now, back to work!
By CharlieJenkem
Awesome! :cool Thanks for taking the time to post that. It's cool to see the process. I don't know why, but it's interesting to me that you painted the reflection first. I would have guessed the other way around.
By jerome
sweet.
Your work is going to be very valuable some day, far beyond it's current price. We may not be around to see that happen, but it will happen. Not many people can do this type of work, from what I have seen.
By NICH
Bobwhite wrote: 7.Which one is your favourite?
(My next one.)
Spoken like a true creative mind :cool
The return of Stolen Hours

Almost caught up with the backward time travel... […]

whatcha tying?

I’m working on a little gift for the lady...[…]

Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yellow Owl Muddler https://live.staticflickr[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine