kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By FormerlyChaseChrome
[report]Nice Jdub...loving those Lefty/Lib flies...Hahahaa

I should be tying other shit right now, but what the hell...something close to the original intent of the pattern...
AkYELsm.jpg
AkYELsm.jpg (38.66 KiB) Viewed 559 times
[/report]
By Bruiser
Nothing's less cool around here than tiny flies, tied to fish with absolutely no soul on a one hander. On a tailwater.

I am tying them for Jerm's auction though. That's a jujube in the vise - a genius Charlie Craven pattern.
By FormerlyChaseChrome
Bruiser wrote:Nothing's less cool around here than tiny flies
Yeah really...loser!!!
Bruiser, ain't nothin wrong with what you're tying man...it's a beaut...I love tying small stuff (catch big fish...nuff said).
By brownsville
variety is cool in my book Bruiser, it's what makes this whole thread so addictive

got macro on your camera? could do with a closer look

Dub and Don, good stuff also

CC, niceness
By brownsville
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:You know whats less cool than tiny flies? Renzetti vises. I feel sorry for you having to tie on that thing. Condolences.
could be worse, three winters into this game and still use the £20 Regent rip-off I started with

size 8 max capacity, upgrade needed

By slapshot
I need to quit being so lazy and build a light box. 8/0 popper

By Woolybug25
Bruiser wrote:Nothing's less cool around here than tiny flies, tied to fish with absolutely no soul on a one hander. On a tailwater.

I am tying them for Jerm's auction though. That's a jujube in the vise - a genius Charlie Craven pattern.
The only thing less cool than tiny flies is catching fish...

Catching fish was sooo 2007.

Great tie, Bruce. Looking forward to seeing the finished batch for the auction. :cool
By CarelessEthiopian
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:You know whats less cool than tiny flies? Renzetti vises. I feel sorry for you having to tie on that thing. Condolences.
Says the Holden Caulfield of The Drake...

Renzettis are fine.

If Heero ties on anything besides a Thompson Model A, then he's a phony.
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
I use an HMH Spartan.

If they were good enough for the 300 at Thermopylae, they are good enough for me. Youve all heard the saying, Im sure:

"Go tell the Steelhead and Salmon, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to Kelson, Blacker, Rogan, and Traherne law, we tie."

-HMH Spartan
By Bruiser
Yeah that Traveler sucks. $115 in 1993. I did spend $50 or so to get the cam jaws a few years ago.

Sucks that it'll hold a size 24 TMC 2488 so perfectly - same goes for a 2/0 Owner Aki.

I have probably tied 2000 pheasant tails alone with that thing just for myself, and about a Brazilian midges, and lots and lots of other stuff.

Can't disagree that some of those mega dollar highbrow vises look pretty nice but I never understood exactly why folks hate Renzetti vises. Don't make me cry, Heero, and don't make me make you cry either. Maybe we both already have. :cool
2021 Smalljaw Swap

https://media4.giphy.com/media/lgRNj0m1oORfW/200.[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

April 12, 2020 Gas $2.45 Sunny 74 degrees The[…]

Southern Pines man charged with stealing trash tr[…]

CarpSpace

nice caprs...

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine