Per Chrome... Tarpon Toad SBS..

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Mad_Mike

Per Chrome... Tarpon Toad SBS..

Post by Mad_Mike » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:35 am

[report]Ok so I don't do a whole lot of this.. but Chasinchrome asked me to do this one.. so here it is..

Tunage...

Start by securing and posting up your marabou tail.. You can use rabbit strip here too, but you'll want to put in some form of mono foul guard...

Using a split thread technique I use Arctic fox for the collar... you can use crosscut rabbit, or even more marabou if you like..

Now lay a clump of EP fibers along the shank of the hook at an angle, secure with one or two tight thread wraps.. don't use too much.. a little goes a long way with this ..

Wrap the EP over the shank of the hook, pulling it backwards along the shank of the hook so that it angles backward.. secure with a few tight wraps..

It should look something like this when you're done..

Continue up the shank of the hook in this manner till you get close to the eye of the hook... keep it tidy..

Add on your mono eyes at this point.. or bead chain if you want to add some weight..

Whip finish.. head cement.. and trim the EP to the shape you want... take your time trimming.. you can always take more off, but you can't put it back..

Now go catch a damn tarpon... :cool

Image[/report]
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Re: Per Chrome... Tarpon Toad SBS..

Post by MTgrayling » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 am

Nice tie.

Can I smash your thumb with a hammer, you know, for continuity?
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

get er done

Post by get er done » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:47 pm

daddy likey...........
"The fishing will come back slowly, your wife, on the other hand - she's going to be batshit crazy from the day that kid pops out forever. Pour a sip for her, half of her brain comes out with the placenta." - RFA

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Tis the season...merry Hitchmas me...
Damn Mike that's mighty kind...

:bow

pm incoming

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:17 pm

very very nice Mike
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

DizzyDean

Post by DizzyDean » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks for sharing Miguel. Good color combo.
my blog from the Sierras

http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com

ScottP

Post by ScottP » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Mad_Mike wrote:Wrap the EP over the shank of the hook, pulling it backwards along the shank of the hook so that it angles backward.. secure with a few tight wraps..

It should look something like this when you're done..

Favorite part of the movie.

Real nice tie; thanks for posting it.
Everyone stopped to stare at your technicolor motor home
RIP Walter