Bourbon drinkers

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
AftonAngler

Re: Bourbon drinkers

Post by AftonAngler » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:54 am

2weight wrote:
1. Jack Daniel's is bourbon.
Correct. Jack Daniel's is Tennessee Whiskey. Same basic mash bill but passed through charcoal.
2. All bourbon is made in Kentucky.
Sure, you can make bourbon elsewhere, but why? They're making "good" bourbon in Texas, but you can't tell me that somebody outside of Austin is replicating the natural temperature variations that they get in Kentucky.
3. Older bourbon is better.
Usually, but not always. Older bourbon is *generally* not as alcohol "hot" as a younger variety.
4. You can't add ice and mixers.
I like an Old Fashioned, but I'm not using anything more expensive than Beam to make it.

Hmmmm...

Thinking about #3

Being Friday...and perfectly nice up here in Musky Country...I'm wondering - should I or shouldn't I?

I've got a perfectly good bottle of Wild Turkey 101 open already...

:Roll Eyes
doubleA

http://www.MuskyCountryOutfitters.com

"Never date the songwriter if you are the lead singer... And a giant whore." blumpkin

2weight

Post by 2weight » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:46 pm

AftonAngler wrote:
2weight wrote:
1. Jack Daniel's is bourbon.
Correct. Jack Daniel's is Tennessee Whiskey. Same basic mash bill but passed through charcoal.
2. All bourbon is made in Kentucky.
Sure, you can make bourbon elsewhere, but why? They're making "good" bourbon in Texas, but you can't tell me that somebody outside of Austin is replicating the natural temperature variations that they get in Kentucky.
Usually, but not always. Older bourbon is *generally* not as alcohol "hot" as a younger variety.
I like an Old Fashioned, but I'm not using anything more expensive than Beam to make it.

Hmmmm...

Thinking about #3

Being Friday...and perfectly nice up here in Musky Country...I'm wondering - should I or shouldn't I?

I've got a perfectly good bottle of Wild Turkey 101 open already...

:Roll Eyes
Hell no. Flip that shit and buy a new fly rod AND a bottle, or several, of good bourbon.

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:32 pm

agreed

my personal favorite remains pappy reserve lot b

12yr i believe, but really good

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:04 pm

What an incredibly stupid article.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Lotta truth here

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Shitty bourbon belongs in sidecars
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

root wad

Post by root wad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:01 pm

From the banks of most of the rivers I fish there is no such thing as shitty bourbon. Some of it just hangs around longer. And belongs to someone else.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:59 pm

root wad wrote:From the banks of most of the rivers I fish there is no such thing as shitty bourbon. Some of it just hangs around longer. And belongs to someone else.
My Irish brother.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:45 am

People who say "You can't put ice or water into whiskey. It must be old. You can't make cocktails with it. Blah, blah, blah" = People who say "You must fly fish with a floating line. You must fish for trout with dries, upstream. You must never fish with weighted flies. A clouser minnow is a jig. Blah, blah, blah"

Jis sayin'

fishpimp

Post by fishpimp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:18 am

So what is makers mark? I like me some makers mark when on the water...
"You look like the type'a guy that gets outta' the shower to take a piss"- Diceman

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:32 am

shit, I forget where the delete post button is
Last edited by SLSS on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:33 am

fishpimp wrote:So what is makers mark?.
Delicious.