This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By AftonAngler
2weight wrote:
1. Jack Daniel's is bourbon.
Correct. Jack Daniel's is Tennessee Whiskey. Same basic mash bill but passed through charcoal.
2. All bourbon is made in Kentucky.
Sure, you can make bourbon elsewhere, but why? They're making "good" bourbon in Texas, but you can't tell me that somebody outside of Austin is replicating the natural temperature variations that they get in Kentucky.
3. Older bourbon is better.
Usually, but not always. Older bourbon is *generally* not as alcohol "hot" as a younger variety.
4. You can't add ice and mixers.
I like an Old Fashioned, but I'm not using anything more expensive than Beam to make it.

Hmmmm...

Thinking about #3

Being Friday...and perfectly nice up here in Musky Country...I'm wondering - should I or shouldn't I?

I've got a perfectly good bottle of Wild Turkey 101 open already...

:Roll Eyes
By 2weight
AftonAngler wrote:
2weight wrote:
1. Jack Daniel's is bourbon.
Correct. Jack Daniel's is Tennessee Whiskey. Same basic mash bill but passed through charcoal.
2. All bourbon is made in Kentucky.
Sure, you can make bourbon elsewhere, but why? They're making "good" bourbon in Texas, but you can't tell me that somebody outside of Austin is replicating the natural temperature variations that they get in Kentucky.
Usually, but not always. Older bourbon is *generally* not as alcohol "hot" as a younger variety.
I like an Old Fashioned, but I'm not using anything more expensive than Beam to make it.

Hmmmm...

Thinking about #3

Being Friday...and perfectly nice up here in Musky Country...I'm wondering - should I or shouldn't I?

I've got a perfectly good bottle of Wild Turkey 101 open already...

:Roll Eyes
Hell no. Flip that shit and buy a new fly rod AND a bottle, or several, of good bourbon.
By SOBF

Lotta truth here
By root wad
From the banks of most of the rivers I fish there is no such thing as shitty bourbon. Some of it just hangs around longer. And belongs to someone else.
By SLSS
root wad wrote:From the banks of most of the rivers I fish there is no such thing as shitty bourbon. Some of it just hangs around longer. And belongs to someone else.
My Irish brother.
By T.J. Brayshaw
People who say "You can't put ice or water into whiskey. It must be old. You can't make cocktails with it. Blah, blah, blah" = People who say "You must fly fish with a floating line. You must fish for trout with dries, upstream. You must never fish with weighted flies. A clouser minnow is a jig. Blah, blah, blah"

Jis sayin'
By fishpimp
So what is makers mark? I like me some makers mark when on the water...
By SLSS
shit, I forget where the delete post button is
Last edited by SLSS on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SLSS
fishpimp wrote:So what is makers mark?.
Delicious.
A Confession

okay, I got a good one. jose, mars and kyle get o[…]

Does anyone want to do a Pike/Muskie swap?

sorry. I thought we were playing nazi tennis.

Friday Cheer Through Pics

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49215484541_[…]

0BD15041-5DC1-4466-A3C8-4789EB293DF7.jpeg This […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine