Floating Clouser Pattern?

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
F1ykuni

Floating Clouser Pattern?

Post by F1ykuni » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Any of you gents ever hear of it? Google let me down :(

From rumors, it's a floating popper-type pattern that once tugged hard can dive deep, then bloop itself back to the surface. Supposedly a killah' pattern!

pbrstreetgang

Re: Floating Clouser Pattern?

Post by pbrstreetgang » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:29 pm

deleted
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Sounds like a boobie fly made popular from Pyramid. The theory has merit......kind of like everyone likes to watch a fight, but no one really wants to get into one? The fly will get the fish(s) attention, but I wouldn't rely on that to get the majority of the nibbles. Try dropping a more natural imitation behind that fly a bit and see what happens.

:cool
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:53 am

pbrstreetgang wrote:http://bfy.tw/9XGL

brilliance.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:30 pm

F1ykuni wrote:Any of you gents ever hear of it? Google let me down :(

From rumors, it's a floating popper-type pattern that once tugged hard can dive deep, then bloop itself back to the surface. Supposedly a killah' pattern!

I tie that pattern and it's fucking deadly in the right hands.

I don't work for cheap and I don't contract for anything less than a dozen dozen. Some of these guys here can vouch for my work.

Let me know.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:28 am

Hogleg wrote:
F1ykuni wrote:Any of you gents ever hear of it? Google let me down :(

I tie that pattern and it's fucking deadly in the right hands.

I don't work for cheap and I don't contract for anything less than a dozen dozen. Some of these guys here can vouch for my work.

Let me know.
I can vouch both for the fucking deadliness of the pattern and quality of work Hogleg puts out. I can provide photographic evidence if I need to.

The google must be weak with this one. I googled "clouser floating popper" and all kind of ship popped up. Or maybe I'm just special.
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser