kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By fauxtrout
It has been a while for me since I read the newbie postmen lurking for a few months and joined back in December. So I thought I would go back and edit.

Hey Guys, quick intro and things about me that are important. I fly fish, fly tie, have two bird dogs, and bird hunt. I like single malts and single barrel bourbons, (doesn't mean I would turn my nose up at Evan Williams but maybe Jack), blue grass, Grateful Dead, Allman brothers, and other good music. I live in central North Carolina, If you want to know anything else I would be happy to oblige, just ask.

Well as I am sitting at work, 11 inches of snow on the ground here in NC. And none of my customers working... Needless to say I am bored.

So, two questions, 1) what are your go to winter trout flies to tie?

2) Materials question, who prefers artificial over natural and in what cases?

And because I raised the question I will go first.
wooly buggers, split case pmd/bwo ( I fish a lot of tail race water) , zebra midge, rainbow warrior, any other go tos? (Meaning what do you like to fish not what should I)
Last edited by fauxtrout on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By yard4sale
Who's life is so boring they are creating all these fake newb accounts?

Mom must be really slow with the meatloaf today....
By LA Fly Guy
Um, the NCDMF shut down the speckled trout fishery until June 15 so I hope these are flies to be used next winter. If not, I'm gonna have to tattle on you.
By Average Joe
austrotard wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 pm who has a good meatloaf recipe?
Here you go, mate. Tried and tested on Clint Eastwood hisself, who proclaimed it to be "The best goddamn meatloaf I've ever tasted."

1 onion, grated
2 cloves of garlic, grated
4 tablespoons of ketchup
2 pounds ground beef
1 pound of ground pork
2 eggs, beaten. As you would Benson. Or a servant.
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients.

Divide evenly and press mixture into two loaf pans.

Bake one hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, draining fat midway through.

Let cool for ten to fifteen minutes before cutting.
By Average Joe
You're welcome.

Feel free to tell them it's your own. Or that you stole it from the cc.

And that it's best served when smothered with copious amounts of HP.

Just leave my name out of it.

Cheers.
By Ruddy Duck
I'd make a fake account in an effort to spice this place up, but I can't think of a good handle.

I'm thinking Satsuma.

Or Broccoli Rob.
By LA Fly Guy
Ruddy Duck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:04 am I'd make a fake account in an effort to spice this place up, but I can't think of a good handle.

I'm thinking Satsuma.

Or Broccoli Rob.
Satsuma would be a great name, and I wish I thought of that one, but isn't it reserved for a certain someone who still won't join this dysfunctional group?

Truthfully, I think the LA Fly Guy joke has run its course, but I guess I'm stuck with it.
By Ruddy Duck
LA Fly Guy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:20 am
Ruddy Duck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:04 am I'd make a fake account in an effort to spice this place up, but I can't think of a good handle.

I'm thinking Satsuma.

Or Broccoli Rob.
Satsuma would be a great name, and I wish I thought of that one, but isn't it reserved for a certain someone who still won't join this dysfunctional group?

Truthfully, I think the LA Fly Guy joke has run its course, but I guess I'm stuck with it.
Mike has had ample opportunity to use Satsuma, so I declare it is up for grabs. Hopefully to be grabbed by Mike.

fauxtrout was already taken.
By fauxtrout
First of all there's not enough time to quote and respond to each of you great guys (Smarta**es).

So I will do it rapid fire style, LA FLY GUY , What's a guy from Lower Alabama know about winter speck season in North Carolina. Also, How do we even know your cool or a guy for that matter.

Yard4sale- I will have you know Mother has been reprimanded for her actions yesterday, I never know what she's doing in there...

Average joe- this sounds fantastic, I'm not sure why I would rub Harry Potter all over my meat loaf,( guy likes to see homo's naked that's cool)

And anyone else I missed, Also I want you guys to know I haven't been fishing in like a month and a half I was all excited to see someone actually talking about this post. Then I realized it was full of smart ass comments... So, there you go wouldn't expect anything less from what I have read on here.
By LA Fly Guy
fauxtrout wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:37 pm First of all there's not enough time to quote and respond to each of you great guys (Smarta**es).

So I will do it rapid fire style, LA FLY GUY , What's a guy from Lower Alabama know about winter speck season in North Carolina. Also, How do we even know your cool or a guy for that matter.

Yard4sale- I will have you know Mother has been reprimanded for her actions yesterday, I never know what she's doing in there...

Average joe- this sounds fantastic, I'm not sure why I would rub Harry Potter all over my meat loaf,( guy likes to see homo's naked that's cool)

And anyone else I missed, Also I want you guys to know I haven't been fishing in like a month and a half I was all excited to see someone actually talking about this post. Then I realized it was full of smart ass comments... So, there you go wouldn't expect anything less from what I have read on here.
First, you don't have to sensor your comments - asterisks are not needed. Just don't curse in the title of the post and everything will fine.

You owe Mitch $5 for the misuse of your/you're.

The internet is a vast source of information which can be used to gather all kinds of data. You should try it sometime.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/01/05/cold ... -seatrout/

My handle on this site was meant as a joke to the guys on here that frequent my local board. I would have used cantfishforshit but that one was already taken.

It's LA as in the abbreviation of the 18th state of this fine country - not Lower Alabama or Lower Arkansas.

I never said I was cool. People on here that actually know me think I'm an asshole anyway so you can join the club.

Sometimes I wonder myself if I'm a guy so I can't help you there.

And lastly, do you always jump in strangers' conversations before introduce yourself?

Yea, but the Scott really fucking lays it down :w[…]

unlimited dead sh*t for Kyner thread

"I've no idea where it came from." hee […]

I never got to see the punting video. youse guys […]

Pour a sip

...but it's over now.

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine