This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Kfoxwyo
an anti something bump to the top...I know a bump for quality-thx G
By -G-
If this float were a dream I had this winter and didn’t know what time of year it was I’d look down and see my pants are rolled up with the bottoms of my feet in the cold sandy boat water. I’d look around and find the pockets my fishing gear now have gink and powder instead of chapstick, and there’s cigarette butts in my cup holders. There’s no ipa’s or stouts to be found in the cooler—only light beer and water can be seen through all the ice. There’s no 8 weights and 300 grain sink tips in the boat. Only 4, 5, and 6’s with floating lines and light sink tips. And there’s leftover carved venison roast being cooked in cast iron- to put on hoagies and to be covered in cheese. This all taking place on a grassy bank as the sun goes down and turns the waters surface green and yellow while my friends and I share our ideas on if the fish will be eating the drakes that are starting to leave the trees and hover high above the river.

In that case, I’d tell you without a doubt it was Memorial Day weekend, and we were at Steamins family cabin on a famed piece of trout water.

And these are the sights one would see throughout said weekend. Thankful for those that have given their lives so we could only worry about catching a trout for 3 days.

We did pretty well for ourselves. Saved a life from the fierce jaws of a slow river on a sunny afternoon, never let the hamms get warm, didn't spook miss bear too bad. Nobody burned the biscuits. And neither the sunglasses that got tossed in the river nor the rod that got broke were mine.

Five stars
IMG_1857.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG (107.23 KiB) Viewed 656 times
So much to like, thank you sir.
Ruddy Duck wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm I doubt Princess will ever ride in my canoe. Even if I finish it.

Lucky bastard.
After hearing it all year from my wife about how I’m just making a mess out of the garage, wasting money, and how I knew if it would even float, etc etc. She finally told me how she’s happy I built it and how nice it is to be able to take our friends out on it.

I consider it the biggest victory in my marital life to date.

But I think she really only likes it because I row her down the river, untangle her snags and am true to my word when I say “sure, I’ll eat a dog treat if you catch three trout today”

.... thinking it won’t happen.
-G- wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:55 am
Ruddy Duck wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm I doubt Princess will ever ride in my canoe. Even if I finish it.

Lucky bastard.
After hearing it all year from my wife about how I’m just making a mess out of the garage, wasting money, and how I knew if it would even float, etc etc. She finally told me how she’s happy I built it and how nice it is to be able to take our friends out on it.

I consider it the biggest victory in my marital life to date.

But I think she really only likes it because I row her down the river, untangle her snags and am true to my word when I say “sure, I’ll eat a dog treat if you catch three trout today”

.... thinking it won’t happen.
:smile

Take your victories where you can.

Sometimes the fuckin' you're getting ain't worth the fuckin' you're getting.

I guess sometimes it is. :wink

Stellar TR as usual Jose.

The Drake is Dead, Long Live The Drake. W[…]

LA Marsh......TR

Fine job Matt. I hope everyone had a good time.[…]

things I a-heared at drake camp

"Led Zepellin? you like fast Led Zepellin […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine