Golden Spring- drakes and cigarette butts- pg4

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Kfoxwyo

Re: Golden Spring- I love it up here, pg2

Post by Kfoxwyo » Tue May 28, 2019 9:26 am

an anti something bump to the top...I know a bump for quality-thx G
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

-G-

Re: Golden Spring- drakes and cigarette butts

Post by -G- » Tue May 28, 2019 9:54 am

If this float were a dream I had this winter and didn’t know what time of year it was I’d look down and see my pants are rolled up with the bottoms of my feet in the cold sandy boat water. I’d look around and find the pockets my fishing gear now have gink and powder instead of chapstick, and there’s cigarette butts in my cup holders. There’s no ipa’s or stouts to be found in the cooler—only light beer and water can be seen through all the ice. There’s no 8 weights and 300 grain sink tips in the boat. Only 4, 5, and 6’s with floating lines and light sink tips. And there’s leftover carved venison roast being cooked in cast iron- to put on hoagies and to be covered in cheese. This all taking place on a grassy bank as the sun goes down and turns the waters surface green and yellow while my friends and I share our ideas on if the fish will be eating the drakes that are starting to leave the trees and hover high above the river.

In that case, I’d tell you without a doubt it was Memorial Day weekend, and we were at Steamins family cabin on a famed piece of trout water.

And these are the sights one would see throughout said weekend. Thankful for those that have given their lives so we could only worry about catching a trout for 3 days.

Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

stillsteamin

Re: Golden Spring- drakes and cigarette butts- pg4

Post by stillsteamin » Tue May 28, 2019 12:07 pm

We did pretty well for ourselves. Saved a life from the fierce jaws of a slow river on a sunny afternoon, never let the hamms get warm, didn't spook miss bear too bad. Nobody burned the biscuits. And neither the sunglasses that got tossed in the river nor the rod that got broke were mine.

Five stars
IMG_1857.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG (107.23 KiB) Viewed 625 times
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Tue May 28, 2019 7:06 pm

So much to like, thank you sir.
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

The Po Thead

Post by The Po Thead » Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Yeeeeeeessssssssss.
"Fuck life is brutal, and the learning curve hard and unforgiving." - SLSS

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm

I doubt Princess will ever ride in my canoe. Even if I finish it.

Lucky bastard.

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:55 am

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Lucky bastard.
After hearing it all year from my wife about how I’m just making a mess out of the garage, wasting money, and how I knew if it would even float, etc etc. She finally told me how she’s happy I built it and how nice it is to be able to take our friends out on it.

I consider it the biggest victory in my marital life to date.

But I think she really only likes it because I row her down the river, untangle her snags and am true to my word when I say “sure, I’ll eat a dog treat if you catch three trout today”

.... thinking it won’t happen.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:08 am

-G- wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:55 am
Ruddy Duck wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Lucky bastard.
After hearing it all year from my wife about how I’m just making a mess out of the garage, wasting money, and how I knew if it would even float, etc etc. She finally told me how she’s happy I built it and how nice it is to be able to take our friends out on it.

I consider it the biggest victory in my marital life to date.

But I think she really only likes it because I row her down the river, untangle her snags and am true to my word when I say “sure, I’ll eat a dog treat if you catch three trout today”

.... thinking it won’t happen.
:smile

Take your victories where you can.

Sometimes the fuckin' you're getting ain't worth the fuckin' you're getting.

I guess sometimes it is. :wink
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser