kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By yard4sale
pbrstreetgang wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:53 pm can you glue those paper JC nails to mine? Those are like the clip-on tie of the fly tying world...
Good call. If I tie them in just right you get a really nice spin which works great with the rubber legs. Maybe I should add a blade too.

You guys all fish with tippet swivels right?
By stillsteamin
-G- wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:46 pm Plus maybe a bead in front of the stinger hook.
i put a bead in front of the hook on all my flies, then i throw away the fly part and flush bobs.
By LTFI
Im leaning towards my current hot fly. 1/8 ounce jig head with pink wiggle tail, i'll palmer a hackle round it so you can fish the fly water. It's killing the shad right now, steelhead are dumb they'll eat it for sure.

Guaranteed 2nd place behind steamin's bead fly.
By stillsteamin
is this swap rapala lip-friendly?

rap-a-lah, not ruh-pa-la. As in Fond du Lac.

also whats everyone's stance on human hair. Asking for a friend
By pxatim
stillsteamin wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:39 pm is this swap rapala lip-friendly?

Funny you say that... met an "avid steelheader" while cooking for a fundraiser dinner last year. His "thing" was to go to asian hair salons and sweep up hair for his fly ties..... had to be asian though... no other hair would do. :vomit
By -G-
pxatim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 am
stillsteamin wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:39 pm is this swap rapala lip-friendly?

Funny you say that... met an "avid steelheader" while cooking for a fundraiser dinner last year. His "thing" was to go to asian hair salons and sweep up hair for his fly ties..... had to be asian though... no other hair would do. :vomit
Think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Although it screams euro jigger to me. Maybe the thin hair gets down .0047832 seconds faster than the guy using store bought poverty-dub.

Maybe I’ll book a trim at that shop to imagine the look on his face when he sees dutch-ginger mixed in with his usual jet black.
By -G-
LTFI wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:31 pm We set with 6?

tying some bugs that wont work next week. Yard, wanna meet halfway?
I think that’s the plan. I PM’d RD and GS, RD says he’s scared of post offices (understandable, and I’d like to add secretary of states offices to that shit list) and GS tells me instagramming and fctp’s are taking up too much of his time these days (could be his words, could be mine).

I’m happy with a sixer.

Those are hot skates btw
By LTFI
Sounds good to me.

I’d gladly welcome both but with Randall and GS on the bench the quality standards will be lower, and my bugs may pass for respectable.
A Confession

I had a twelve inch Maglite in my right hand an[…]

Anyways, I heard back from yard and he gave m[…]

WTF, Hieronymus

How many times did you check the spelling before[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

that doesn't dye away from photos and you fucking […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine