This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Congratulations, asshat.

that's a half day you'll never get back :coffee

JTYTFOADIAF
John Faulkner wrote:So I got to tinkering the other day... ....

Looks fishy, huh?

After measurements... it was eerie.

This may be a far-out ... Smoke... some ... selling these days.
Make a big stack of...sticks, start a fire with them, jump in the fire and die.
Yea, but the Scott really fucking lays it down :wink
Redchaser wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:23 pm
John Faulkner wrote:So I got to tinkering the other day... and calculated some swing weights, overall weights, took some measurements and cast some lines. Here's what I found.

Orvis Helios 3F 9' 8wt - Swing Weight: 77, Overall Weight: 4oz
Scott Sector 9' 6wt - Swing Weight: 77, Overall Weight: 4.09oz

Looks fishy, huh?

After measurements, I took both rods to the field and cast MULTIPLE different 8wt lines. First, I threw on an 8wt SA Mastery Bonefish Line... to my amazement (or maybe not so much) I found that the Sector 6wt cast the 8wt Mastery Bonefish beautifully, as did the H3F 8wt. Other 8wt lines, same thing. What's more, the rods truly felt like the same taper... it was eerie.

This may be a far-out conspiracy, but maybe Scott copied Orvis' H3F 8wt taper on their 'newest' 'best' 'brightest' flagship saltwater series... anyone else noticed this? Or maybe Scott is just marketing an 8wt rod as a 6wt... EVERY SINGLE MEASURABLE makes this Scott Sector '6wt' an 8wt fly rod. I'd like to see one piece of evidence that backs the case that this rod is a 6wt. This is pretty ridiculous IMO. Smoke and mirrors, folks, that's what some rod manufacturers are selling these days.
Make a big stack of those Scott and Orvis sticks, start a fire with them, jump in the fire and die.
Like X 100
flashback wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:13 am First poster is likely to tell us about mountain khakis or describe a rod really laying it down.
I wish we still got dates and number of postings under a name.
Yeah now you have to actually click on the person's name and look at their profile. Things used to be much simpler.
John Faulkner wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:20 pm So I got to tinkering the other day... and calculated some swing weights, overall weights, took some measurements and cast some lines. Here's what I found.

Orvis Helios 3F 9' 8wt - Swing Weight: 77, Overall Weight: 4oz
Scott Sector 9' 6wt - Swing Weight: 77, Overall Weight: 4.09oz

Looks fishy, huh?

After measurements, I took both rods to the field and cast MULTIPLE different 8wt lines. First, I threw on an 8wt SA Mastery Bonefish Line... to my amazement (or maybe not so much) I found that the Sector 6wt cast the 8wt Mastery Bonefish beautifully, as did the H3F 8wt. Other 8wt lines, same thing. What's more, the rods truly felt like the same taper... it was eerie.

This may be a far-out conspiracy, but maybe Scott copied Orvis' H3F 8wt taper on their 'newest' 'best' 'brightest' flagship saltwater series... anyone else noticed this? Or maybe Scott is just marketing an 8wt rod as a 6wt... EVERY SINGLE MEASURABLE makes this Scott Sector '6wt' an 8wt fly rod. I'd like to see one piece of evidence that backs the case that this rod is a 6wt. This is pretty ridiculous IMO. Smoke and mirrors, folks, that's what some rod manufacturers are selling these days.

Riddle me this....

So a company that is known for making softer, not stiffer rods made a rod that is overly stiff by 2 line sizes. I'm not seeing it.

Caveat - I've casted neither the Sector nor the H3.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Muddled Hedgehog https://live.staticflickr.c[…]

A Confession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

The return of Stolen Hours

1-22-2020 - 2 Between five or six doctors&rsq[…]

Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine