This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By TX.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:56 pm Are there any trout streams?
Yes.
And raptors.
If I get around to posting pictures, the mountains immediately to the north of the bay are about 2000' in elevation, the volcano is about 14000'.
By TX.
Juan es un pescado wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:59 am Panama is fantastic, been on 4 trips. We fished the Pacific side, Pedasi, Cambutal, Isla Cebaco, and Coiba. Hiked a bunch of mountains and parks, the wildlife and birding is amazing. Atlantic or Pacific side?

On one hike (which we found out later is named the Culebra trail (the snake trail), crossed a clear creek and could see fish feeding. Went back up with our fly rods and caught a bunch of Rainbow Trout on Clousers...the only flies I happened to have that a trout would eat. Turns out there is a trout farm upstream, and they escaped and are now wild in the stream....
By TX.
Juan es un pescado wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:59 am Panama is fantastic, been on 4 trips. We fished the Pacific side, Pedasi, Cambutal, Isla Cebaco, and Coiba. Hiked a bunch of mountains and parks, the wildlife and birding is amazing. Atlantic or Pacific side?

On one hike (which we found out later is named the Culebra trail (the snake trail), crossed a clear creek and could see fish feeding. Went back up with our fly rods and caught a bunch of Rainbow Trout on Clousers...the only flies I happened to have that a trout would eat. Turns out there is a trout farm upstream, and they escaped and are now wild in the stream....
This is on the Atlantic side. We're trying to get down in the next month or two to check out the pacific side before we commit.
By TX.
Redchaser wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:28 pm Damn nice. Any plans for a Cayo Frances style lodge?
Kind of.
I'm trying to integrate into the natural surroundings vs. popping up cabanas, although Jeff has been more than forthcoming w/ his business plan for Cayo Frances.

My plan so far is about 5 cabanas, each w/ their own distinct style, for instance a treehouse, an over the water bungalow, w/ glass floor.
There are trees on this property that are twelve feet around, there are balsa trees that the local Indians build dugouts from...very cool.
Still in the planning stages.
By TX.
Ruddy Duck wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:49 am I thought that place was locked the fuck down. Heard some horror stories regarding their COVID restrictions.
Yeah, no, not horror stories, why didn't US do that?
Every shithole Chinese grocery scans you, sprays you, and you have to disinfect your feet.
Facial recognition covid scans at the airports...they're not fucking around.
Prb don't have the hospital capacity so they force mandates.
...Or they're smarter than our govt was, which is my bet.
By BearsFan
Looks the mav will fit in well.
By TX.
BearsFan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:56 pm Looks the mav will fit in well.
Actually, I'll have to sell it if we do it. I'll need to buy a panga. Pangas are amazing.
Way too much big open water for my tunnel.
By Lando
Need a boat boy?
By markl
I am soooo looking forward to seeing this thread really get some legs with shovels in the ground - and pics!! BTW, don't hire boat boys. Surely, there must be some bikini worthy Panamanians that can drive a boat!?!!?
By The Po Thead
markl wrote:BTW, don't hire boat boys. Surely, there must be some bikini worthy Panamanians that can drive a boat!?!!?
Wow wow, who says Lando wouldn’t wear a bikini?
By stillsteamin
The Po Thead wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:58 pm
markl wrote:BTW, don't hire boat boys. Surely, there must be some bikini worthy Panamanians that can drive a boat!?!!?
Wow wow, who says Lando wouldn’t wear a bikini?
Ya, he could tuck his beard back and look just like a pretty lady.
New Gear

Tiny rv https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/rM3yJ[…]

whatcha tying?

Brood X https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lma7pC[…]

RIP Croaker.

Croaker sent me a p-Flooger Medalist that I fish o[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

I had to go to Bruiser’s neck of the woods[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine