This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By austrotard
jhnnythndr wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:45 pm
Make me an offer. This is the first year it’s had a price tag. It’s been my daily driver since 2013 and I put 200,000 of the 330000 on it- replacing/ maintaining everything along the way- Not very easy to find one that you can make biannual cross country trips in anymore. I’ve got a nice tape deck that needs new belts then I’ll install it.
By Eider
jhnnythndr wrote:Trying to figure out if I should hopper fish or chukar hunt this evening. Probably at least one dog would prefer chukars
Because all the chukars are near water right now, I'd say you could do both if you pick the right canyon. I doubt the rain last night was enough to spread them out.
By jhnnythndr
I saw lefty kreh catch a chukar just casting with the tip section of a fly rod before he passsd away. He was the entertainment at an orvis so speed cocktail party. He caught the chukar, skated the mouse, threw a fly line lime 60 feet with his bare hands tied on a size 22 fly without cheater glasses and then he had a bit he did about spaced out guides and closed it with a bit about biodegradable tippet quitting while your fighting a fish. He’s no Chappell but it Wasn’t bad.
By Lando
Such a liar….no one can tie a 22 w/out cheaters.
By jhnnythndr
It was a good show, afterwards he refused to tell how it was done. Endorsement? Illusion? The magician never tells. But really what stands out was the comedy more than the slight of hand. It was decent show- I figured he would spend his last few years in Vegas with David Lee roth
By Eider
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:If youre a half decent caster you should be able to catch a chukar with the fly rod.
2/0 clousers tied 3' apart with a 6' strait 20lb maxima leader is a decent bola. You don't need a Nautilus reel, a cheap click & pawl will do. I can't remember who told me that...
Lando wrote:Such a liar….no one can tie a 22 w/out cheaters.
I've worn glasses since I was 6 years old. Does that make me a cheater? Or does it make me as good as Lefty Kreh? Or does it make me a nerd? #2 or #3 are okay answers.

JhnnyThndr, when are we chasing chukars?
By Lando
Glasses aren't cheaters.
By jhnnythndr
Usually during hurricane season we end up having a stockpile of gallons of water to drink because inevitably we end up with i drinkable tap water a week or 2 each year weather we get smacked or not. Then about 6 months later they start to leak in the pantry and that always pisses me off to no end.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/z7iHHucPGrDAp9MaA
By jhnnythndr
Range day
Attachments:
EAE533D6-9AE6-47F1-82FA-6E7F46CF9DA0.jpeg
EAE533D6-9AE6-47F1-82FA-6E7F46CF9DA0.jpeg (188.1 KiB) Viewed 156 times
By SLSS
Shit, now I’ve gotta download those pics. Fucker.

Prolly be this weekend before I get to it.

And if anybody wants to buy an ECHO SR 1010 six weight 2hander, give me a shout. Thndr left it in my truck, and I’m wanting’ to make beer money.
By jhnnythndr
I did drink all his beer.
The return of Stolen Hours

#97 Filled up on the way to PFF @$3.03, 75 degree[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

https://i.imgur.com/TOk1F3s.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

things I a-heared at drake camp

hee hee... imagine excitingly pointing at airplane[…]

Unlimited Bronze Backs

nice little float with Gankadank Dogdammit I w[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine