Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
That's a good point.

However it's close to 50 acres and I put in 100 musky.

The stunted bass and forage will not be as productive as the healthy fish. The biomass will generally stay the same but with the healthy ( non stunted ) fish doing the reproducing there will be more fry ....more opportunity.

From everything I've read even if it takes more bites the general population will be healthier if the lower part of the food chain is far more dense than the upper part.

Hope that makes sense.
Oh

Hell

Yes

Way to go BM

:cool
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote: Right now the 5 or so people that I let fish it are under strict guidelines to immediately return all musky caught and remove stunted bass and crappie.
Have any of them lucked into catching a musky there?
That's what I call posting some homegrown. :cool :cool This may be my second Bravo but I'm too lazy to go look.
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:Negative ....it's mostly kids and dads crappie and bluegill fishing.
Right on. Around here, every year there's a couple of stories about "8 year old Johnny caught a 48" musky on a 1/8 oz jig & 6 lb test, while crappie fishing".
Can't believe I've missed this update. One of my favorite ongoing threads. Congrats on the first muksy, BM! :cool
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:[report]Operation Southern Muskie has begun...........

Phase one: stocking the forage took place yesterday evening....Gizzard shad by the truckload....also got a few bonus shellcrackers and bluegill.
30 acres of deep cool water and 100 Muskie fish to come soon.....the next few years will be interesting. Fly only catch and release rules are now in effect.

[/report]
You better fucking invite me to fish that pond. I probably won't come, but you better invite me :wink

Man, fuck Hot Creek. I remember Carpe Tructa and B[…]

Rust Belt 2019

no $148 wings/pizza. fail. 'twas done. We j[…]

can we shut this down some more?

A Confession

^this re: what is wrong in my life that I must ge[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine