2019-2020 College Football Thread

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
befuddled

2019-2020 College Football Thread

Post by befuddled » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Getting ready to move my oldest daughter into your new NCAA football championship school: NC State.

This is the year.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

The Wandering Blues

Re: 2019-2020 College Football Thread

Post by The Wandering Blues » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:20 pm

My wishes are modest this year- that Bama makes the playoff. Oh, and beats Auburn...
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

fatman

Post by fatman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:33 am

The Wandering Blues wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:20 pm
My wishes are modest this year- that Bama makes the playoff. Oh, and beats Auburn...
K-State has a new coach. Just hoping we beat the Gheyhawks. :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

-G-

Post by -G- » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 am

#1 run defense last year, #8 total.. and returning everybody..

Go GREEN

..Now if we can just score some points this year
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:14 am

Seconds left in the game, the ball is snapped, and the crushing sound echos as the lines hit each other. Number 12 stands in the pocket for a moment. The pocket breaks down, Tom Brady is running, looking for something, anything. He sees Edelman, completely unable to get separation, slowed down from his broken foot and his skipped breakfast of PEDs. He sees Gronk running the wrong route, not looking his direction, his robotic arm has fallen off. Chris Hogan is dead. He looks deep down the field and sees double coverage, but a glimmer of hope. One last spark of hope for humanity. He throws deep. Its going to the back corner, but the coverage is too tight, there is too much traffic, the ball is too high, there is no way he is going to connect, no mere mortal could bring this ball in... Suddenly we see the majestic hands of our lord and savior JOSH GORDON slowly rise up. The light blazing around his body is so bright it causes everyone in the stadium to shield their eyes. He is in the air for what seems like minutes, slowly rising, rising, rising. He makes the perfect one handed catch, He keeps rising. He is 20 feet above the goalposts now. The clouds open up and a single beam of sunlight falls to the field as JOSH GORDON does a forward flip and comes slamming down to the ground in a marvel-like superhero landing. The shock-wave from his landing causes the entire opposing team to fall to the ground with CTE. Miraculously, everyone on the Patriots is unharmed, Tom Brady is young again, Edelman no longer needs PEDs, and Hogan is still dead on the field. The crowd goes wild. The Patriots win. JOSH GORDON ascends back into the heavens as a god. Bill Belichick later comments "“Well, umm…he’s a good player. We have a lot of good players.”

augustwest

Post by augustwest » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 am

-G- wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 am
#1 run defense last year, #8 #10 total..
fixed
"Enjoy every sandwich." -- W. Zevon

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 am

While we hear it almost every year, LSU should have a different, more wide open look this year on offense. Bringing Joe Brady onto the coaching staff was certainly a big step in that direction.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:30 am

fatman wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:33 am
The Wandering Blues wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:20 pm
K-State has a new coach. Just hoping we beat the Gheyhawks. :smile
Just tell K State's defense to plan for "run, run, pass, punt".... that's how Les runs and offense.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:35 am

Pragmatically, if WVU goes .500, I'd be happy. That said, I hope OU takes a nose dive (not much hope in that either).
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

Plow

Post by Plow » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Texas looks to have another strong year. I predict a humiliating opening loss to LA Tech and an epic win aginst LSU. After that it's anyone's guess. Looking forward to another year of great college football....
Better Reds than dead...

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Plow wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm
Texas looks to have another strong year. I predict a humiliating opening loss to LA Tech and an epic win aginst LSU. After that it's anyone's guess. Looking forward to another year of great college football....
As a LA Tech alum, I approve this message.
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Maybe this is finally our year. Auburn is Auburn. We have no idea what to expect. They could win 10 games or 7.
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues